04-05 versus 06+ turning radius

D

Deven

Everyone says there is a huge difference in turning. When making a complete 180 degree turn here is the results.

The 06 I straight lined in my driveway and made a 180 and it was just shy of 11' give or take a bit. bone stock TRX chassis wise. Different bars but nothing else. The Bars will not effect turning radius.

The 05 in my garage I started along the same straight lined edge and it turned in just shy of 10'10". NO ONE is able to tell 2" of turning radius. This bike is bone stock... 100% right down to the bars.

Yes the 04-05 is a sharper turning bike, but not any noticeable difference when sitting on the machine.

Take in to effect a slight push, a slight spin in the rear.... Im not sure anyone could really notice 2" in 11 feet. Percentage wise thats like .5% or half a percent....

now you also have to figure in that very rarely are we doing a 180... mostly 90* turns or less which makes the difference even LESS. we can be talking less then .25% in most instances or even a .50" difference in turning ability as we are only doing a 90* turn.

Back