A change for the better

atlantic

Well as fate would have it, yet another unexpected surprise entered my life. You all may remember a post I made a few years ago about my best friend who I busted smoking crack in her bathroom, and turned her in to hopefully save her life. Trust me she could not get into that again. Well I haven't seen her in 3 years. The last time I saw her she chewed me out on a playground (which I expected). So I go to my son's new doctor the other day and walking down the hall is my friend. At first I thought no friggin way, and tried to divert my path. She called my name and told me to come here and she hugged me. She told me she loves me, and that I saved her life. She has been working for 3 years and supporting her daughter, and living the clean life. She got rid of that drug-addicted husband of hers. We have made plans to go camping and I am so thankful that I got to speak with her again. She actually apologized to me for all that she did to me, and I told her she didn't need to. Just seeing her doing so well is so awesome. It was the hardest thing I ever did and questioned myself so many times over it, but knew she would end up probably dead if I didn't intervene. I am so glad she didn't continue down the wrong path.

Well as fate would have it, yet another unexpected surprise entered my life. You all may remember a post I made a few years ago about my best friend who I busted smoking crack in her bathroom, and turned her in to hopefully save her life. Trust me she could not get into that again. Well I haven't seen her in 3 years. The last time I saw her she chewed me out on a playground (which I expected). So I go to my son's new doctor the other day and walking down the hall is my friend. At first I thought no friggin way, and tried to divert my path. She called my name and told me to come here and she hugged me. She told me she loves me, and that I saved her life. She has been working for 3 years and supporting her daughter, and living the clean life. She got rid of that drug-addicted husband of hers. We have made plans to go camping and I am so thankful that I got to speak with her again. She actually apologized to me for all that she did to me, and I told her she didn't need to. Just seeing her doing so well is so awesome. It was the hardest thing I ever did and questioned myself so many times over it, but knew she would end up probably dead if I didn't intervene. I am so glad she didn't continue down the wrong path.
Sounds like she might be on the 9th step. Very good.

wants to go camping? in the woods? alone?

sounds like the start to a good slasher flick. :p

Eddo and I think alike!

But seriously, good job and I hope everything goes well between you too, especially in her life and that she never gets back to doing that crap again. And pack a weapon for that camping trip, just in case...

LOL @ Eddo & Chi. I know, I was even surprised. My goal was to save her life, but I fully expected that she would never speak to me again. However, I have known her for 20 years and have always been there for her. Always. I am the only one who never turned her back on her fully. I am grateful that she is living the good life, and her daughter is too. I pray that she never turns back too.

The last time I didn't do anything to help her. She vanished for 3 years, was almost killed, and got in so much trouble with the law. I couldn't let her destroy herself again, and knowing her like I do. I know she would never forgive herself for abandoning her daughter. Tough Love sucks, and I don't ever want to be put in that position again. I even told her I cannot save you again. I just can't, it killed me to be in that position.

That's awesome.. always good to see someone turn their life around. What you did was probably the nicest thing anyone ever did for her.. so cool that you ran into her and she let you know that.

Have fun camping!!!

Back