Fri 07/14/06 Boise, ID Idaho Center Amphitheatre
Sun 07/16/06 Portland, OR Columbia Meadows
Tue 07/18/06 Vancouver, BC Thunderbird Stadium
Thu 07/20/06 Calgary, AB Race City Speedway
Wed 07/26/06 Cincinnatii, OH Riverbend Music Center
Thu 07/27/06 Pittsburgh, PA Post Gazette Pavilion
Fri 07/28/06 Indianapolis, IN Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Lot
Tue 08/01/06 Buffalo, NY Darien Lakes Fields

Ahh!! Me and my friends are going to the Calgary show!! Im VERY excited! We are planning on going to AFI (of course!), Avenged Sevenfold, Protest the Hero, and Billy Talent, and any other bands that tickle our intrests. Tickets are on sale tomorrow too...oh man Im already excited...only what, 4 or 5 more months? Gah...

Sucks that they're playing at only a few shows. I haven't decided if I am going or not. If I do it'll probably be in either Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, or Philadelphia though. No AFI there. :[

Oops, I made a mistake in my last post. Avenged Sevenfold arent going. I thought they were...but they arent. Thats upseting...oh well...at least theres AFI. Im soo excited! Blegh...

to think that for Wed, Jul 12th in Dodger Stadium (warped tour date) AFI will be one of the bands performing !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: along with others such as....
18 Visions
Aiden
The Academy Is
Against Me!
Alexisonfire
Amber Pacific
Anti Flag
Armor For Sleep
ASG
Billy Talent
The Bled
Bouncing Souls
Bullet For My Valentine
Buzzcocks
The Casualties
Die Hunns
Down To Earth Approach
Dropping Daylight
The Early November

and so forth...

hey shingo, your a member of the AFI message boards arent you? Casue Ive seen your user name floating around there, and I wanted to see if it was you. Though why wouldnt it be?

Actually, I wouldn't call them punk. You can be into almost any type of music and like AFI.

They are more rockish now... with a few punk beats here and there. They stopped being "punk" right after Answer That and Stay Fashionable. (their 2nd album). Then their third album was more hardcore... then their fourth had a more "metal" feel, with a high range of vocals. There 5th album went back to more punkish material, along with some hardcore moments with angst and depair, along with pure rock.

Their newest album (Sing the Sorrow, their sixth album) is almost impossible to classify... it's got rock, punk, hardcore, angst (but not emo!) and a bunch of other elements. Lets just say it's an epic, powerful, and completely awesome album (Sing the Sorrow). Hope the new one is like that.

Sorry for my useless rant... >_>

After saying all that, I really feel like turning on some AFI.

I wasnt specifically calling them punk, I just said that If your into punk you might like them. And I agree, you could be into any type of music to like them. Like me for example, before I started listening to AFI, I was listening to Korn, Deftones, and Disturbed. But listening to AFI sort of put me onto the path of more punkish music. AFI just seems more to the punk side for me as compared to what I listened to before. Sorry for any unclarity.

Ugh...thats why I hate the whole genre thing...

Back