Army: 12 dead, 31 hurt in attacks at Fort Hood

N

NewsBot

FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) -- A military mental health doctor facing deployment overseas opened fire at the Fort Hood Army base on Thursday, setting off on a rampage that killed 11 other people and left 31 wounded. Authorities killed the gunman, and the violence was believed to be the worst mass shooting in history at a U.S. military base....

By APRIL CASTRO and DEVLIN BARRETT

Read the full story.

Maybe they should start asking people joining the service what religion they are. Because you know damn well they will put their religion above anything else.

I find it interesting that he was a mental health doctor who goes crazy and kills a lot of people.

Another think that bothers me about this is some former co-workers of his says he had been spouting off with anti-American, anti-infidel type speach for a long time saying Muslims needed to fight back and nobody ever did anything about it. This need to be politically correct by our Government is getting innocent people killed and hurt.

timesjoke said:
Another think that bothers me about this is some former co-workers of his says he had been spouting off with anti-American, anti-infidel type speach for a long time saying Muslims needed to fight back and nobody ever did anything about it. This need to be politically correct by our Government is getting innocent people killed and hurt.

I haven't read that. Where are you getting that from?

Chi said:
I haven't read that. Where are you getting that from?

They had a couple people who used to work with him on Fox news last night. Even one of the other newsbot threads included some of the Fox interviews with them.

They talked about how he would fight with fellow soldiers about the wars America would fight and how he was very dissapointed in Obama for not withdrawing all troops from Muslim lands.

There are new stories out today about how he was already under investigation for many hard comments on internet sites as well where he compared muslim suicide bombers to soldiers who cover a grenade to protect their fellow soldiers.

Here is the link the newsbot had saying some of it
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...PECT?SITE=SCGRE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

timesjoke said:
They had a couple people who used to work with him on Fox news last night. Even one of the other newsbot threads included some of the Fox interviews with them.

They talked about how he would fight with fellow soldiers about the wars America would fight and how he was very dissapointed in Obama for not withdrawing all troops from Muslim lands.

There are new stories out today about how he was already under investigation for many hard comments on internet sites as well where he compared muslim suicide bombers to soldiers who cover a grenade to protect their fellow soldiers.

That's different from what you stated before though. Openly discussing anti-American and anti"infidel" comments to co-workers.

And that could very well be him on those extreme sites, but again, that is different than saying stuff like that to co-workers on base.

timesjoke said:
Here is the link the newsbot had saying some of it
GreenvilleOnline.com | Greenville News | The Greenville News

Ah, now that I can agree with you on. So some DID know he may be the author of such postings. Those were definitely blaring red lights right there. I wonder why it took them so long to get on that and investigate him, especially because of his position at work. This tragedy could have been prevented. People should be held responsible for that as well.

Chi said:
That's different from what you stated before though. Openly discussing anti-American and anti"infidel" comments to co-workers.

And that could very well be him on those extreme sites, but again, that is different than saying stuff like that to co-workers on base.

They covered him having arguements with fellow soldiers, those would be co-workers being as they were all in the military.

The guests on Fox were the ones who got more specific with some of the details of the dissagreements, as usual the other news sources are slower and more reluctant to report anything negative about a Muslim no matter how true it is.

This is one of the interviews from yesterday when everyone still believed the guy was dead:

Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com

Back