Article In Kerrang Magazine Re: Fort Minor, New LP album

Black_Angel

Ali Baba
Heres a article from this weeks issue of Kerrang, talking about Fort Minor and Linkin Park's new album:

"I'm Not Talking About Jewellery, Hos and Guns!"
- Linkin Park man prepares to unleash his hip-hop project

Linkin Park vocalist Mike Shinoda has revealed to Kerrang! that he's hoping rock fans will embrace his hip-hop project Fort Minor because he's avoided wheeling out the genre's expected stereotypes.

"This is something I've always wanted to do", Shinoda tells K!. "I'm really happy with the record and some goth kids on Myspace said this was on hip-hop record they'd actually listen to because I'm not talking about jewellery, ho's and guns!"

The album features guest apperances from hip-hop luminaries such as Black Thought, Common, Bobo and Celph Titled. Jay Z, who has previously worked with Shinoda on Linkin Park's 'Collision Course' album, acted as executive producer.

"I worked with people because they were either good friends or because they fitted the identity of the album", Shinoda explains. "Before Linkin Park started all I did was make beats and rap and a couple of years ago I made this music. The more I played it to people, the more they told me to put it out and I'm proud of it"

If Fort Minor wasn't keeping Shinoda busy enough, Linkin Park have also started work on their new album, expected out next year. Could the vocalist be heading for a burn-out?

"Thats exactly what Brad Delson [LP guitarist] said!" he laughs. "Seriously though, I think this new record will be a little bit more organic than before and slightly less polished. With the last two albums, we did what we wanted to do, but we've done that now, so it's time to move on."

Fort Minor's album 'The Rising Tide' is out on November 21st via Warner imprint Machine Shop Records. Fort Minor will play London's Mean Fiddler on November 14th.

Bah I liked Meteora, and half the people that complain about it now, do it because of the Warner dispute. (Not that I'm implying you guys did that.)

Good article though, I'm hoping for some new stuff on the LPU 5 CD

Nice article thanks for posting it. Hey is Jay gonna produce Mikes next album if he ever makes another? Itd be sick to see them work together. Anyways I dont know if im over thrilled to hear that mike said it'll be more organic and less polished... that means the music will sound more homemade and less proffesional... But I cant wait anyways, nice to hear mike speak freely about whats been going on

In my opinion its good that the new LP album is going to be less polished. Theres talk that they do things too polished so this may make the critics leave it alone, and as Stenners said, the album should be released earlier if they don't spend as much time tweaking the details.

Not only will it come out earlier, but when I think organic and less polished, I think a little more rock and roll. Perhaps, the guitars may be getting a little more action this time around? Either way, it sounds like it will be diffirent and that makes me happy. :)

Back