Bleeping Windows 7 (64-bit) keeps throwing "not a valid win 32 app" error!

A

amtux01

Hi,
I have acquired (unfortunately) a HP DV7 with Windows 7 Home Edition (64-bit) and the bleeping OS keeps throwing errors during installation.

Errors thrown:

1. [ ]Not a valid Win32 application ... Really!? Why the &%# does the OS think it is trying to install a win-32 app on a 64-bit OS in the first place? (even when I've downloaded a 64-bit .exe or .msi file. This is truly bizarre!! The OS doesn't seem to know it is a 64-bit OS & is looking for 32-bit installation files. WTF???
    [ ]The next beauty - File is corrupt ... Really!? Even when I've downloaded the same file from 6 different sources??
I've had this rubbish piece of sh computer for a year & haven't even been able to use it because of these random fundamental errors.
I'd happily throw it back to the doofii (plural of doofus) who wrote a 64-bit OS that seems to think it is a 32-bit OS!!
And please don't even think of suggesting your boiler-plate responses ... I've been to your fora, and I've followed every worthwhile thread in trying to resolve this issue (http://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid...r.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=bf2ecf3a50b91da1&ion=1)
Wouldn't it be a nice idea to test some of this sh out before releasing it into the wild??
Yours, frustratedly (at having seen my life fritter away thru' my fingers, trying to resolve what shouldn't've been an unresolved problem)
/am

Continue reading...

Back