blue screen of death windows 7 error (tough issue)

B

blindside782

First of all, please forgive me if my grammar and spelling is messed up. (using a windows phone to type is tough.) =P
ok, I decided to go with a new laptop. However my old desktop PC has windows 7 on it. I received a new graphics card for it during Christmas. However my PC is so old, my processor doesn't allow me to appreciate new games because it's an old quad core. So i decided to put my old graphics card back in. (my old card was a x1900xt and my new card was a HD 6570 radeon)
Well my new card worked great, but since im getting a new PC there's no point of having a new card. So i decided to get my money back. I was just going to sell my PC as a whole. However, when i put the old card back in, i got the blue screen of death every time it got to the windows 7 screen. (specifically 6-10 seconds after it gets there). When i get the blue screen it barely lasts even a second so at the moment i can't give the exact error message in here. I'll try to post it as soon as i can.
I've tried everything windows has offered me. windows repair=fail, =system restore=fail. I haven't tried to boot it in safe mode, but i dont think i will have much success either. All of this is has been failing.
However, i did put my new card back in to see if windows would load and it did! So i assume it has to do with the graphics card. But i can't pinpoint it. I can't find any forum that has this issue. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions for this issue. Im assuming to uninstall the drivers but idk how i can do that without windows working correctly. Any suggestions would help! Thank you!
Blindside

Continue reading...

Back