Bob Dylan is an Idiot...

ImWithStupid

You're Bob Dylan? NJ police want to see some ID

By WAYNE PARRY, Associated Press Writer Wayne Parry, Associated Press Writer ? Fri Aug 14, 11:57 pm ET

Rock legend Bob Dylan was treated like a complete unknown by police in a New Jersey shore community when a resident called to report someone wandering around the neighborhood.

Dylan was in Long Branch, about a two-hour drive south of New York City, on July 23 as part of a tour with Willie Nelson and John Mellencamp that was to play at a baseball stadium in nearby Lakewood.

A 24-year-old police officer apparently was unaware of who Dylan is and asked him for identification, Long Branch business administrator Howard Woolley said Friday.

"I don't think she was familiar with his entire body of work," Woolley said.

The incident began at 5 p.m. when a resident said a man was wandering around a low-income, predominantly minority neighborhood several blocks from the oceanfront looking at houses.

The police officer drove up to Dylan, who was wearing a blue jacket, and asked him his name. According to Woolley, the following exchange ensued:

"What is your name, sir?" the officer asked.

"Bob Dylan," Dylan said.

"OK, what are you doing here?" the officer asked.

"I'm on tour," the singer replied.

A second officer, also in his 20s, responded to assist the first officer. He, too, apparently was unfamiliar with Dylan, Woolley said.

The officers asked Dylan for identification. The singer of such classics as "Like a Rolling Stone" and "Blowin' in the Wind" said that he didn't have any ID with him, that he was just walking around looking at houses to pass some time before that night's show.

The officers asked Dylan, 68, to accompany them back to the Ocean Place Resort and Spa, where the performers were staying. Once there, tour staff vouched for Dylan.

The officers thanked him for his cooperation.

"He couldn't have been any nicer to them," Woolley added.

How did it feel? A Dylan publicist did not immediately return a telephone call seeking comment Friday.
You're Bob Dylan? NJ police want to see some ID - Yahoo! News

Doesn't Dylan know that the socially acceptable response to a police officer doesn't immediately know who you are and is asking to see ID, is to go on a racist rant and make a public disturbance so the President can call the officer stupid.

This horrible, racist cop didn't just take Dylan for his word of who he was, they accompanied him to his tour bus to confirm it.

Total fukkin' rights violation.

I mean, God, he was white and this was a predominantly minority neighborhood.

Ooo, ooo. That means the caller was racist, too, not just the cop.

Duh.

Pot tends to make people pretty mellow. That's why he was so calm when asked for identification.

So the only logical solution is...we all need to smoke more weed. :D

The difference is that Dylan was raised to respect the police because they are not just people but they also represent community, That other idiot was raised on the idea of hating the police, of fighting against community and the establishment.

timesjoke said:
The difference is that Dylan was raised to respect the police because they are not just people but they also represent community, That other idiot was raised on the idea of hating the police, of fighting against community and the establishment.

Wow.. you even know how Bob Dylan was raised and feels?? You are amazing TJ..

yeah.. didn't they call Bob.. Mr. Establishment conformist in the late 60's when he was publicly supporting the Vietnam war, students being shot by the national guard at Kent State and cops beating people senseless in Chicago at the 1968 DNC ?

Chaos is a friend of mine. ~ Bob "establishment" Dylan

Democracy don't rule the world, You'd better get that in your head; This world is ruled by violence, But I guess that's better left unsaid. ~ Bob "establishment" Dylan

To live outside the law, you must be honest. ~ Bob "establishment" Dylan

When you cease to exist, then who will you blame? ~ Bob "establishment" Dylan

I wish that for just one time you could stand inside my shoes
and just for that one moment, I could be you.
Yes, I wish that for just one time you could stand inside my shoes
You'd know what a drag it is to see you. ~ Bob "establishment" Dylan

Just when I didn't think you could get any stupider.. whoop.. there it is..

Bob Dylan being an idiot and being cordial to a law enforcement officer are two completely different things. Most of the idiots I know are pretty nice guys when they don't speak.

We can get into the philosophical aspects of it all, but what is the point? This point has been argued ad nauseum. No one can see the forest for all the wolves in the way.

I wasn't raised by a pack of wolves. I grew up in a military family and was taught to respect the badge. In all seriousness, I would've responded in the same manner as Dylan. It would've been my own prerogative to respond differently, but I'd be ready for the consequences.

ImWithStupid said:
You're Bob Dylan? NJ police want to see some ID - Yahoo! News

Doesn't Dylan know that the socially acceptable response to a police officer doesn't immediately know who you are and is asking to see ID, is to go on a racist rant and make a public disturbance so the President can call the officer stupid.

This horrible, racist cop didn't just take Dylan for his word of who he was, they accompanied him to his tour bus to confirm it.

Total fukkin' rights violation.

I mean, God, he was white and this was a predominantly minority neighborhood.

Ooo, ooo. That means the caller was racist, too, not just the cop.

Duh.

The police is not notorious for profiling white people. That's why white people are not paranoid nor defensive about that. Duh. Big difference. You didn't prove anything.

Racial profiling!!

He got called in on and accosted by the police because he was an old white dude in a black neighbor hood.
:rolleyes:

snafu said:
Racial profiling!!

He got called in on and accosted by the police because he was an old white dude in a black neighbor hood.
:rolleyes:

Aha! They never said it was a black neighborhood! Tsk, tsk, Snaf....:rolleyes:

Chi said:
Aha! They never said it was a black neighborhood! Tsk, tsk, Snaf....:rolleyes:

In the story he posted:

The incident began at 5 p.m. when a resident said a man was wandering around a low-income, predominantly minority neighborhood several blocks from the oceanfront looking at houses.

lol

jhony5 said:
Gahhh I was gonna say that you bogart.

"Predominately low income neighborhood" is PC speak for RUN WHITE MAN RUN!

Great minds think alike my friend, at least some of the time, lol.

How have you been, I have not seen you around and thought you hit the bricks away from this place?

Time for a pot summit at the Whitehouse to straighten this racially heated incident out like gentlemen.

timesjoke said:
In the story he posted:

lol

jhony5 said:
Gahhh I was gonna say that you bogart.

"Predominately low income neighborhood" is PC speak for RUN WHITE MAN RUN!

Yeah, I did read that. They still didn't specify it as a "black" neighborhood. Yes, it probably is black, but it could've been a Mexican neighborhood, Puerto Rican, Cuban, Hmong, Vietnamese, etc. neighborhood. But yes, I was mainly just teasing Snaf.

Chi said:
Yeah, I did read that. They still didn't specify it as a "black" neighborhood. Yes, it probably is black, but it could've been a Mexican neighborhood, Puerto Rican, Cuban, Hmong, Vietnamese, etc. neighborhood. But yes, I was mainly just teasing Snaf.

I bet it was a neighborhood full of white, butch lesbians practicing Wicca. You know how bad ass they can be!

Ali said:
I bet it was a neighborhood full of white, butch lesbians practicing Wicca. You know how bad ass they can be!

A USM convention???? in New Jersey???

Ali said:

I bet that's where Shannon, the Ikea man-hating bully hails from! Grrr...:mad:

ImWithStupid said:
Ikea. Mmmm, now I'm hungry.

As if! They probably only hire cordon bleu chefs there. I only eat there for special occassions, like birthdays and anniversaries. Oh, and Tuesdays!

Back