C4 tranny vs. Allison

littlelukeyyy

Whats your guys's point of views as to these to trannys. Either going to get a 2500 duramax or a 250 powerstroke. My step dads got a 2500 duramax and I love it. You can some what see it in the back ground of my sig.

I would take a duramax over a powerstroke any day. My dad ran powerstrokes from 99 up until last year with nothing but problems. He bought a 2010 duramax last year and he loves it, way better fuel mileage, especially when loaded, and it has a lot more power. That's just my opinion though

The only powerstroke i would consider buying was the 7.3, other then that ive heard alot of problems, what year truck are you looking at getting?

My dads 7.3 put out a tranny a couple years back but we tow alot with it and at the time it was summer in the high desert up a mountain..haha..It's been a great truck other than that. I love driving the thing and it's been great for us.

duramax. maybe not the most powerful of them all stock but intake, efi live, and exhaust and you'll be doin all right. and you can pound the snot out of it everyday and never have a trans problem, unlike others...

Duramax, easily. My sister and a bunch of my friends have one, they're beastly. Some others have Power Strokes and I've heard of more tranny and engine problems with those, but haven't heard much about the brand new ones. Don't be fooled by the power ratings, the Chevy HD will handle a heavy trailer much better than a Super Duty or a Ram HD.

Allison FTW i have a 2007.5 3500HD Silverado LTZ on 40" tires 16" lift just drove back an forth from vegas not a single problem for those that say you can't drive lifted trucks 100's of miles i just did it next trip phoenix AZ will see how it does

Back