C9 - for developers ... by developers?

N

NewsBot

developers, developers, developers!
Are there any parts or pieces of C9 - that 9ers could help out on?

Seems funny - its for developers - but i bet alot of people here would help for free.

This has been brought up before - but Evnet was building the core engine so no time for ideas like this

but now that v4 is nearing completion - and as mentioned by hc - new features might not take too long anymore...

could it be time to revisit letting the community have more leverage/access to building out the rest of v4?

Perhaps there could be a way to identify say... 3 areas where users could be apart of the 9team:

- BASIC simple themes (header image, and css only)
- add on functionality (like photoshop plugins (c9 pluggins)
- tasks team doesnt have time for - but that they want / have approved

I know id make lots of themes...
Im sure many would write c9 search plugins or what have you
and I bet any feature you dont have time for - but want - would be written by the coders here within ...hours.

is it time to revisit a ... "limited" participation program for c9

would it help move things forward faster? would it be too confusing? would YOU help if avail?

?

edit: we could be Gyros - just for one day
<

edit2: ...the main thought being... if MS were ever to ...open up a bit.. and have a property that is them and user/devs... wouldnt the most logical "property" be.. c9?

id do this at microsoft.com too (asap).. but ..we'll...work up to that
<

MS Press release: Dont pick on us anymore - as our customers make 1/2 this stuff!

sorry...:

Microsoft (MSFT) today announced a new type of developer program to be available on its evangelist site Channel9.

Under the new program, certain parts of the Channel9 experience are opened up - to accomodate ideas, graphics and features from its developer network of programmers (the largest in the world).

"We are not sure how this will work out" said Jeff Sanquist "but are willing to give it a try to see what happens"

As of this writing over 900 people have signed up to be a part of the eXPeriment.

More...

View All Our Microsoft Related Feeds

Back