cannot upgrade from windows vista 64-bit to windows 7 64-bit

I

iblastoff

well i'm confused. i'm running vista home premium 64-bit. and yet every time i run windows 7 set up i get the following compatibility report:

The following issues are preventing Windows from upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, complete each task, and then restart the upgrade to continue.

• [ ]You can’t upgrade 64-bit Windows to a 32-bit version of Windows. To upgrade, obtain a 64-bit version of the installation disc, or go online to see how to install Windows 7 and keep your files and settings.

• [ ]32-bit Windows cannot be upgraded to a 64-bit version of Windows. To upgrade, obtain a 32-bit version of the Windows installation disc.
yes i get both of those 'errors'.
the windows 7 IS a 32/64-bit installation disc. it gives me the option to choose x32 or x64 at the start of installation. it just doesn't seem to be detecting my current 64-bit setup for some reason??? if i chose to install x32 version, it gives me the "You can’t upgrade 64-bit Windows to a 32-bit version of Windows" error. and yet when i choose x64 installation it gives me BOTH errors mentioned above.

whats going on here???

Continue reading...

Back