Can't get rid of Foxit addon

A

amc44

I installed the Foxit PDF reader, but don't want to use Foxit as my default PDF reader. I uninstalled Foxit Toolbar, so that if I go to Tools>Manage Add-ons, I don't see Foxit anywhere. If I go to my Windows program associations, .pdf is associated with Adobe and nothing is associated with Foxit. I also searched the registry for Foxit, but didn't see anything IE-related.
Now when I click on links to PDFs in IE, sometimes IE uses Acrobat Reader (which is what I want), and sometimes IE gives me the Information Bar with "This website wants to run the following add-on: 'FoxitReaderOCX ActiveX Control Module' from 'Foxit Corporation'. If you trust the website and the add-on and want to allow it to run, click here..." I'm a little bewildered by the inconsistency - I have two links here, and if I click one I get the attempt to use the Foxit add-on, whereas the other gives me the Adobe add-on.
What is triggering Foxit and how do I make it stop? Unfortunately the Foxit forums appear to be not so active and overridden with spam.
Thanks.

Continue reading...

Back