cant get windows updates error code 641

N

NewsBot

hi, i have windows home basic and have started having a problem getting my updates [ error code 641 ] there were 7 now there are 9 that i cant get to download . i have been in contact with microsoft and have bunches of solutions but nothing has worked . i see that a lot of people are having the same problem and they have tried the same things i have tried to no advail . i searched thru all of my updates and found on 9-19-09 it tried to download the service pack 2 and it was cancelled so i tried to reinstall and it tells me it is already installed . i have tried fix it several times and it says the problem has been corrected, when i check on windows installer it says it is not installed correctly but when i try to reinstall it says i have corrupt files and cant install . in april this year i did get system machanic and i have read that this could be causing part of the problem so i talked to them and they tried to fix the problem and couldnt they say it has something to do with the service pack 2 not being installed , i am really not so concerned as to whose fault it is as i am getting it fixed. as i said i have tried everything microsoft has sent and nothing has worked i am not sure where to go or what to do next --- please help !!!!! thanks judy

View this thread

Back