Central Florida Here...

strubby

A buddy of mine told me about this site last night. I forgot about it until I just checked my email (not because of the beer I swear!). Anyways, name is Kyle, I'm from central Florida and glad to be here. I think a site for all 450s is a cool idea. I've owned an LTR450, TRX450r, KFX450r and now a Polaris Outlaw 450 MXR. I've had the MXR a few months now and have been doing quite a few mods, a lot of them fabricated as there isn't a lot of aftermarket support for this bike. I hope to both learn and share some knowledge here. Who knows maybe meet some new riding buddies. Here's a pic or two of the bike.

DSCN2111-1.jpg

DSCN2113-1.jpg

DSCN2114-1.jpg

Welcome to the HQ!! Really excited to see members with different makes :thumb:

That Polaris just looks pissed off:rock:

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Yeah, I used to be on 450rtech when I had the Honda. I try to stay active on the forums whenever I have a bike... haha.

I'm in the Daytona area, but I consider anywhere in central FL local, because I travel all over the east coast for work. I haven't been to Ocala in a long time, not since all the changes. I'd definitely like to do a ride there soon. Finding more local riders would be great, my riding group sort of fell apart.

Ed, I was still yelling FREE BIRD at 12:30AM. I'm sure they were happy to see me go... haha!

I'll try to get a few more Polaris guys over here from PolarisProRiders.com, and I can spread the word to the Kawie folks on KFX450HQ.com as well!

Ed, I was still yelling FREE BIRD at 12:30AM. I'm sure they were happy to see me go... haha!

I have no doubt, lol. They weren't to pleased when We all were still there, I can only amagine how displeased they were an hour later! LMAO

I had a blast! Nicole was like, "you're not going to be happy in the morning!" lol...

Nope everytime i get some extra mula, i go and buy a dirtbike or something lmao...

I bent a rim and ripped open a sidewall on one of the cst's.. so i dont think ill be doing too much regrooving on them.. lol

Welcome to the forum Strubby, how do you like those ambush tires? They look like they have some major tread! I agree with the others, that polaris looks mean!

Nope everytime i get some extra mula, i go and buy a dirtbike or something lmao...

I bent a rim and ripped open a sidewall on one of the cst's.. so i dont think ill be doing too much regrooving on them.. lol

Ouch! Did you nail a rock or something? You picked up a 250F right? How you liking that? I want a 2 wheeler to rip around on too

Welcome to the forum Strubby, how do you like those ambush tires? They look like they have some major tread! I agree with the others, that polaris looks mean!

Thanks! I like the CST's a lot. I ride in soft/loamy terrain so they are great for traction in the loose stuff and still light @ 4ply. I went with 11" wide rears this time and notice a big difference over the 10" in traction. The MXR handles very well, so it works out great. If I were riding more hard packed, I would have went with the 10" again. I got them for $250 shipped for the set, so they're wallet-friendly.

The tire shops have had problems seating the beads, not sure if it's the CST's or ATV tires in general, so I've had to seat three rear sets myself using a heavy duty ratchet strap. Works everytime.

Back