Check this out! LockStraps - Dont let your quad be stolen!

woodwardspecialties

Check out this cool new product called Lockstraps- We have them in stock, ready to ship today!

http://www.woodwardspecialties.com/...-TIE-DOWN-STRAP-detail.htm?productId=17466466

Keep your straps locked to your truck so that you don’t lose them. Lock both ends of the strap so that the hooks never come loose or fall off. Steel cable inside the full length of the strap. This adds extra strength and protection. Built in soft tie extensions makes sure that the locks are nowhere near your paint job or plastic so you don’t have to worry about scratches. There are longer extensions which are sold separately. Solid industrial strength construction with beefy rivets.

8.5 ft long with soft extension.
2 combination locking carabiners.
8 braided stainless steel cable inside strap.
Working load of 400 lbs., Max load 1200 lbs.

I'd feel safer with a chain locked the bike to the trailer. lol

Any one can walk up beside a trailer with that bike using the lock strap..... and use a knife to cut the strap.

What can i say, it's a great innovation idea.

it looks nice but like bvet said, they can cut the strap..

im sure woodward have a few of this type

F1yHZdXD4Jquz4XYBCl1WjRwuK8Bx17gRPFgcMOz-1.jpg

i think this are better..

I'd feel safer with a chain locked the bike to the trailer. lol

Any one can walk up beside a trailer with that bike using the lock strap..... and use a knife to cut the strap.

What can i say, it's a great innovation idea.

If you take the time to read the info about them, they are a strap, with a steel cord through. Basically, they are as strong as using a chain. A knife WILL NOT cut it. We do offer many other lock options, i just really thought this was a nice product and thought i would show it off to you guys.

if interested, we can look into some of the other options as well for you.

If you take the time to read the info about them, they are a strap, with a steel cord through. Basically, they are as strong as using a chain. A knife WILL NOT cut it. We do offer many other lock options, i just really thought this was a nice product and thought i would show it off to you guys.

i just asked Todd if he had anything similar. but if not stand by since ill get some from you..

This is a great idea. Have you looked closely at the cam buckle portion of the strap? Are they like a cheaper straps cam buckle or are they a heavy stout piece like Powertye? Oddly I prefer this cam buckle design over a ratchet.

These Cam buckles are the Chinese crappy once that slip over repeated use. The webbing is also usually 1" but thin

Hampton_Products_Keeper_05715_2_Count_Re-1.jpg

For example these cam buckles are beefy

2212212529543784aae910a8b472-1.jpg

My bad. By any chance do you have close up photos that shows the steel cord? That's a fantastic idea. Also how are its strengths, have you tested it vs a lock cutter or chain cutter and such?

I use high tensile chain and they are heavy. I dont mind using it, it gives me a good peace of mind.

Also by any means, this is a great idea and i'd love to look into it some more. Maybe i'll buy a set from you in a week or so because i need to replace those ratchets that someone stole from me.

I haven't had any in my hands just yet. I have a shipment on the way and hope to have them Monday. I'll try to take some close up pics and get them posted.

If you check out the links I posted above they show a strap that was cut open to reveal the steel cable inside.