Could this be a virus, or an issue with windows vista basic security?

K

KristynMariah

I have a Toshiba Satellite. I got a virus in my firefox web browser around Christmas. CA thought they knew what they were doing and told me how to remove the virus step by step. Well it didn't solve the problem. I couldn't even get online so I had to reinstall windows and use the Recovery Factory to recover it to an out of box state. It was fine up until last night when a virus was detected in my firefox again. So I repeated the same thing I did before. I also downloaded Microsoft Security Essentials. My brother begged me to stop using anything else, that this is really good for detecting viruses. Well I had windows security shut off again. This time I didn't have firefox reinstalled because frankly, I don't trust this browser anymore. It didn't pop up into my IE either. So I was about to repeat the same process again but after I did a Kaspersky scan in safe mode, it didn't detect a virus at all. Then once I restarted my computer all my windows security worked fine and has done so for a while. I just got through doing a full system scan with Microsoft Security Essentials and no threats or viruses were found. I'm beginning to think that this is an issue with Vista. What can I do to prevent this from happening and could this still be a virus?

Continue reading...

Back