Differentiating shock links?

Baileyguns

Anyone have measurements or an easy way to determine if a shock link is XC or MX? I have a Herrmann racing link here but have nothing but a stock link to compare it too... Tried calling Herrmann but it appears they're no longer in business..

If you place the stock link on is side on a table, then put the Herrmann link on its side on top of it, how does the shock hole compare between the two? If it is close to the same, then it is probably a MX link. If the shock hole in the Herrmann link is lower, then it is probably a XC link. Usually, a XC link will hang lower, since it will allow a longer shock length to be used to allow more uptravel due to the larger tire size.

Thats about the only way I can think of, unless someone has a Herrmann link laying around that they now what is is and can give exact measurements.

Doug

I did and had some pics on my phone but must have deleted them... If I remember l'll take some side by sides with the herrmann and the stock one and post them..

Found it in my photobucket...

The shape is similar but you can see a difference in bend and also in the bearing placement. It's for sale too ;)

902B8CEC-1.jpg

Back