Disappointment for Spieth after another close call

S

Sports News

By Mark Lamport-Stokes PONTE VEDRA BEACH Florida (Reuters) - Having established himself as the most exciting young prospect in the game, Jordan Spieth was left bitterly disappointed after suffering another near miss at the Players Championship on Sunday. A month after slipping back into a tie for second at the Masters where he led by two shots early on in the final round, the 20-year-old American again relinquished an outright lead as he faded into a share of fourth place at the TPC Sawgrass. Five bogeys in 11 holes from the fifth led to his undoing as Spieth, aiming to become the youngest champion at the PGA Tour event widely regarded as the unofficial fifth major, had to settle for a closing two-over-par 74. I would have had to have putted out of my mind with the places I was leaving myself.\" WASTED OPPORTUNITY Spieth has already piled up an impressive list of achievements since the start of his sensational debut season on the 2013 PGA Tour but that counted for little for him on Sunday as he reflected on yet another wasted opportunity.

Continue reading...

Attachments

• ffe13182851a8d0de3e1d440f2c12173.jpg
    ffe13182851a8d0de3e1d440f2c12173.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 7
Back