Do we Need a News Forum?

DaMan

We get a bunch of news posted in all of the forums. This is rather unorganized. Most of the time when someone posts a news story a good debate starts in the thread.
Don't you think it time for a news forum so all the news that is posted is in one place?

That'd be pretty sweet...could you make it to where stuff automatically appeared on here from CNN and FNC and other places?

This would also get more going, since we would use more...most likely...

It could be a good thing. But at the same time I notice alot of the good debates spawning from the news that we post here. But I say we can give it a shot.

Seems like a decent idea to me ,we should work on getting rid of some of these troll posters also.:p

jokersarewild said:
That'd be pretty sweet...could you make it to where stuff automatically appeared on here from CNN and FNC and other places?

This would also get more going, since we would use more...most likely...
I could add that. As long as the site has an rss feed and has a fairly good excert of the news.
Since it looks like most want this I'll start on some scripts to grab the news and see what I can come with.

Spoken as the local crack whore walking the streets Hey man ,I'll suck your dick for a humor category man!!!!! Come on man , Scratching Neck I need it man!:D

GF said:
I could add that. As long as the site has an rss feed and has a fairly good excert of the news.
Since it looks like most want this I'll start on some scripts to grab the news and see what I can come with.

Your awesome Bob. :)

sixes said:
Oh yeah ,kiss his ass MM. You are evil Bob! Can I have a humor category now? :cool:
Stop it sixes - you're pissin me off dude! A humor category is as stupid as you are!

TheJenn88 said:
Finally, a place for LF

:p

Boy we all new who this was about.:rolleyes:
And they won't be 90% about Florida too. Sounds great. I'll bet it will be a big hit.

GF said:

Hmm, could we get it from more than one News Source?

GF said:
We get a bunch of news posted in all of the forums. This is rather unorganized. Most of the time when someone posts a news story a good debate starts in the thread.
Don't you think it time for a news forum so all the news that is posted is in one place?

As a general idea, this sounds great - and it organizes things nicely.

Yet........

as you say... good debates can flow ... and sometimes/often, the news story illustrates the thread starters point or is the jumping off point ...

news story ---- pisses me off
news story --- debate... what do you think?
news story --- speaking my mind

so... it would also seem that if you wanted to use a news story to rant, it goes in the pisses off section .. if you want to use one to open debate, it goes in the debate section... etc.

I wouldn't want to not be able to reference a story in the appropriate forum cuz it's not in the right area.

Oh the Chains!

Back