Dreams and what they mean

snafu

I had this weird dream where I came apon a police car turned over in the snow. A bunch of people were standing around and I asked them if anybody was in the car. Everybody said they didn't know. So I had to swim over to the car becuse the snow was so deap. looking under I saw his head dangling down by the front wheel. I pet his hair and told him everything was going to be alright and I would get him out of there. All he said was thank you. Then I tried to get some people to steady the car so it wouldn't flip all the way over and had some others open the hood (I don't know why he was stuck under the hood but hay it's a dream) Pretty weird huh?

What's that supposed to mean?

Got any crazy dreams or do just don't remember your dreams.

I'm sure I've told the story before but I did witness an accident with a truck and a motorcycle. There was a crowed of people standing around watching this guy from the bike burning from his waist up. I pushed them aside and tried to pull him from the burning wreck. I yelled out to the crowed that some one needed to help me get the bike off of him. Someone grabbed the sissy bar in the back and I was able to grab a leg and pull him away. I then had to put out a trail of blood and flames from the bike to where I dragged him. Then I tore my shirt off and put him out.
He lived.

snafu said:
I had this weird dream where I came apon a police car turned over in the snow. A bunch of people were standing around and I asked them if anybody was in the car. Everybody said they didn't know. So I had to swim over to the car becuse the snow was so deap. looking under I saw his head dangling down by the front wheel. I pet his hair and told him everything was going to be alright and I would get him out of there. All he said was thank you. Then I tried to get some people to steady the car so it wouldn't flip all the way over and had some others open the hood (I don't know why he was stuck under the hood but hay it's a dream) Pretty weird huh?

What's that supposed to mean?

Got any crazy dreams or do just don't remember your dreams.

Merc is really good with the dream interpreting.

snafu said:
I'm sure I've told the story before but I did witness an accident with a truck and a motorcycle. There was a crowed of people standing around watching this guy from the bike burning from his waist up. I pushed them aside and tried to pull him from the burning wreck. I yelled out to the crowed that some one needed to help me get the bike off of him. Someone grabbed the sissy bar in the back and I was able to grab a leg and pull him away. I then had to put out a trail of blood and flames from the bike to where I dragged him. Then I tore my shirt out and put him out.
He lived.

Don't remember that. Pretty awesome though, you are a real and brave hero:)

Riley keeps stealing my good book... and of course it's missing again! Let me go dig around in her sty and see if I can find it.

I still owe Chi an explanation about spiders, too!

That was easier than I thought it was going to be!

Let'sstart with the snow- I'm going to consider it drfted, since it was so deep- an omen of unexpected pleasure and money luck. If there was also snow falling, it could signify interesting changes in your life.

I can't find anything for police car and the only thing under "car" is in regard to buing or selling one.... so, I turn to "driving" and seeing someone else driving points to money luck. Of course, this guy wasn't driving...

A car accident is a warning nor to travel more than necessary for a while, but any kind of crash heralds a big achievement. The bigger the crash, the bigger the achievement.

See an accident and it's a sign to make up your mind about something quickly. If you can't decide on your own, seek advice, but stop waffling on the decision.

A friendly police officer signifies that help is on the way from someone you love. (not sure if that would apply in this situation, but you can decide if it fits or not)

Sounds like something good could be coming your way :)

Sounds the same for Chi- Spiders are a good luck sign. Kill one and good news is coming. See it spinning and money is on the way. Climbing a wall and the things that matter most to you will go well. A spider in a web is a warning that someone close to you is simply using you.

You are a hero, snaf! I don't know if I could get my sh!t together and do that in the same circumstances.... of course, I'd like to think I could.

mercury said:
That was easier than I thought it was going to be!

Let'sstart with the snow- I'm going to consider it drfted, since it was so deep- an omen of unexpected pleasure and money luck. If there was also snow falling, it could signify interesting changes in your life.

I can't find anything for police car and the only thing under "car" is in regard to buing or selling one.... so, I turn to "driving" and seeing someone else driving points to money luck. Of course, this guy wasn't driving...

A car accident is a warning nor to travel more than necessary for a while, but any kind of crash heralds a big achievement. The bigger the crash, the bigger the achievement.

See an accident and it's a sign to make up your mind about something quickly. If you can't decide on your own, seek advice, but stop waffling on the decision.

A friendly police officer signifies that help is on the way from someone you love. (not sure if that would apply in this situation, but you can decide if it fits or not)

Sounds like something good could be coming your way :)

Sounds the same for Chi- Spiders are a good luck sign. Kill one and good news is coming. See it spinning and money is on the way. Climbing a wall and the things that matter most to you will go well. A spider in a web is a warning that someone close to you is simply using you.

Wow pretty profound! I can see some parallels in my life with this right now.

mercury said:
......Let's start with the snow- I'm going to consider it drfted, since it was so deep- an omen of unexpected pleasure and money luck. If there was also snow falling, it could signify interesting changes in your life.
Yes intresting changes have been in my life.

mercury said:
I can't find anything for police car and the only thing under "car" is in regard to buing or selling one.... so, I turn to "driving" and seeing someone else driving points to money luck. Of course, this guy wasn't driving..
I don't see any luck coming my way.

mercury said:
Had a big crash in life. Whether it can be called an achievement I'm not sure.

mercury said:
Holy cow! Thats dead on!

mercury said:
I sure hope so.

mercury said:
Sounds like something good could be coming your way
Say's my 8ball. I sure hope so again.

mercury said:
Cool! Hope it all turns out lucky & profitable for you :)
Me too.

I hope it does work out for you snaf, I never really put much stock into dreams or other methods of future telling. I think it is just a way of trying to bolster the spirits of people fearful of the unknown but maybe if this works out and you come back in a week and say something big has happened, maybe I could start considering there is more to this stuff.

It's really not a method of future telling, but what's in your subconscious mind and what that subconsciousness points to as a likely (or maybe just the hoped for?) outcome.

I do believe that some dreams are prophetic, though. There's usually a different feel to them and often they're the kind that make you say "WTF??" when you wake up.

One that stands out for me:
Way back when I had this weird dream about a kid I went to elementary school with. No reason to dream about him - I hadn't seen or thought of him in better than 15 years and we weren't buddies or anything, even back then. I have no recollection of the details of the dream, just that Randy was the prominent character in it. I woke up and thought "That's just weird."

I was at a concert a few nights (maybe a week?) later, helping out some radio friends by handing out bumper stickers after the concert, when this kid approached the gazebo we were working from and asked me if I was Kelly W. I about crapped my pants... it was Randy from 5th grade! Haven't seen him again since.

I can understand the "issues on the mind" stuff but the idea that 'something' good is comming like where you mention 'money luck' and 'help is on the way' etc....that all seems to be mentioning things comming, not already here.

If we believe in seeing the future, and that leads to ideas like fate, then is there really choice in our lives?

Well, this partiular book is more geared towards that, but most of them aren't. I just really like this book because it's got damn near everything in it. I can't ever find what I think are the important symbols in the others that I have.

And depending on what the dream is actually referring to in your life, yes... you can still have choice. That "money luck" could hinge on how you decide on a certain issue.

For example: Maybe in Snaf's dream it refers to some kind of advancement in his career that he's been offered. Taking it could mean an increase in pay, while staying where he is could mean longer term stability. Both could be seen as "money luck". That part is for the dreamer to figure out.

And dream analysis is highly personal... my symbolism won't be the same as your symbolism, and your symbolism won't be the same as mine, so all of this is just "generally speaking" kind of stuff.... again, it's for the dreamer to figure out where it fits with what they know about what's going on in their life.

The one thing that I'll say is universal is dreaming of houses. That ALWAYS means your inner self.

timesjoke said:
I can understand the "issues on the mind" stuff but the idea that 'something' good is comming like where you mention 'money luck' and 'help is on the way' etc....that all seems to be mentioning things comming, not already here.

If we believe in seeing the future, and that leads to ideas like fate, then is there really choice in our lives?
Yes there is choice, and psychic readings can change peoples future, if they are tunned and advise there are many paths to chose from, and ultimately the choice is up to the person. Dreams (can be) visions of what is coming into being.

I once read (tarot cards) for a girl I had just met that I worked with. I have only had warnings twice while reading; and I have been reading for over 20 years. I do not like to give bad news, but felt it was dire that I tell her this. I also saw the accident in my mind. I advised her that a younger man she knows, Prob relative would be involved in a car accident over the weekend, I advised her that if she knew of any younger men relative that she must warn him thathe must sit in the backseat if he goes out and wear his seatbelt. I told her this many times. Well the weekend passed, and Monday came. She arrived at work looking like she had seen a ghost. Her cousin (younger man - who she did warn) was in a car accident, he had listened to her and sat in the back behind the driver. Had he not he would have been dead. The car was completly demolished on the passenger's side.

Well is it possible that by talking about the possibility of an accident it leads to a series of events that actually cause the accident?

Could his moving to the back seat have delayed the departure of the vehicle putting the vehicle in the path for the accident for example? If he had just jumped in and the car leave they could have driven just a tiny bit further down the road and avoided the accident completely.

My point is "self-fulfilling prophecy" and how the power of suggestion can actually make it appear like someone predicted the future but they instead caused the events to happen by planting the seed of suggestion.

Ok, I see where you are coming from. I struggled with such questions for years; and hold back alot of info now. Another dream for example. I had a dream about my newphew when he was a baby; I woke shaken and sweat pouring down my head. I had dreamt that I was in the hospital visiting my father who had leukemia at the time, and three doctors said "Your father is alright, but we need to show you something", they took me down a hall, into a room, and pulled the curtain and there sat my little munchkin not even 2 yrs old. He held up his left hand and it was in a cast or bandaged. I was so bothered by it I told my brother who had full custody of him at the time. A week or so later (and this was rare, my nephews mom wanted to take him for the weekend) and my brother let her because she hadn't been in is life at all (Drug addict). Well that weekend my nephew ended up in the hospital with 2nd degree burns on his left hand, nodoby knows what had happened to him either. I have to wonder if that would have happened had my brother heeded my dream warning. Trust me TJ that little boy was my sunshine; I would rather die than wish anything bad happen to him.

I once dreamt about BCAR's house, and some things that were going on in his life; and I thought I was pretty accurate about the description. You know B who hangs at The Jungle. Dreams can be surprisingly accurate.

TJ I hope not all dreams come true. My sister once had a nightmare that I was found dead in a bathtub. I will not shower without a phone and doubleedge knife in the bathroom with me now.

Back