Error adding printers on windows 7 client after deployment (0x00000709)

C

Chris M. L. _

Using WAIK/Deployment Workbench, we have successfully deployed Windows 7 Pro with applications to a set of dell Optiplex 745s. There are no errors during or after the deployment. However, after logging into the workstation, I am unable to print or add network printers.
Our printers are located in //powervault/[printer name]. //powervault is a windows 2008 R2 server with X64 and x32 drivers. I currently have windows XP, vista, 7 (64 and 32 bit) clients all printing fine. In the past, I've used a .bat file to deploy printers. There are a total of 6 printers from various manufacturers.
So far I have tried:
- Browsing to //powervault and double clicking on printers. This results in error 0x00000709 (Double check the printer name and make sure that the printer is connected to the network)
- deploying printers using a GPO (no error, but they do not appear on the client)
- adding printers by creating an IP port and directly printing (bypass //powervault) This works, but is unacceptable as //powervault runs print accounting software to bill our clients.
There isn't much information on the 0x00000709 error that makes sense. I only get this error on computers that have been deployed and not a hand-installed OS.
Does anyone have any ideas for further troubleshooting? Thanks in advance.

Continue reading...

Back