Every time I open an Office program, it starts to configure itself and asks for key. How can I...

T

Tom_H42

Every time I open an Office program, it opens a configuration window that first asks me for my product key. I type it in, it finishes after a minute or so. It then seems to stop popping up for a day or so at a time. Then it happens all over again. I've tried opening my Outlook in safe-mode to see if it was my google or iCloud plug-in but the window still shows up. If I click cancel, it says "Microsoft cannot verify the license for this application. A repair attempt failed or was canceled by the user. The application will now shut down." I know this isn't a huge deal, but I never have my product key on hand and I want to be able to use Word without having to worry about it taking a few minutes to open. I only notice these problems happening after installing later Office SPs using Windows Update. Also, idk if this is relevant, but I have Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010. My school sells it for 40.
Have tried:
Uninstalling/Reinstalling multiple times (also repair option)
Everything outlined here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2528748 -->These fixits seemed promising and I thought they worked but apparently not.
Has anyone else had this problem? I have seen this question on here before, but it seems like most of the solutions people post are the manual versions of the microsoft fixit things.
-Tom

Continue reading...

Back