Fake Microsoft callers need to stop!

J

Jetpackboy

This is starting to get ridiculous.
We're having hundreds of users asking questions about these cold-callers who claim to be from Microsoft. I find it disgusting that these scammers can trick vulnerable people (such as the inexperienced or elderly) and scam them out of sensitive information. Some of them even seem to know that you're running Microsoft Security Essentials - I wonder why - perhaps the user already had malware installed.
What sort of person do you have to be to be able to do that sort of thing.. I mean they must have a conscience or something...

Ironically, I've been hoping for one of these callers to phone me so I can make them squirm... unfortunately I've had no such luck while I hear of many cases from other people.

I speak directly to those involved with the scams (although they'd probably not bother coming somewhere decent like this). End what you are doing - everyone has had enough. You're tricking hundreds (probably thousands) of people a year into installing fake software so you can gain money and their personal bank details. Stop what you're doing before you're caught by law enforcement - because they'll probably catch you all one day.
All you are doing is making innocent people lose money that they've done hard work to earn, and wasting their time with your phone calls. Does what you do make you feel proud of yourself, or perhaps clever that you're able to make people miserable? Because frankly you're ruining yourself - nobody likes you because of what you do and you're an enemy of the law. What you're doing isn't clever, funny, intelligent, and it's the worst thrill-finding opportunity I ever heard of. So really - get yourself a proper job and earn your possessions.

I hope this makes you think a great deal about these bouts of scams.

If you ever get contacted by one of these people, put down the phone. Don't fall into their trap.

Good luck.

Continue reading...

Back