Few tire ideas I would like feedback for XC

OhaRe

OK, so right now I have the Holeshot H-D tire and there awesome, one the best tires I ever used, never tried Maxxis tho .

I am looking at the GBC tires, basically the knock off twin of the Razr . Anyone had any problems or luck with the GBC tire, found really good prices for them and there 6ply and they look nice. I am buying a few parts for my quad to make it reliable and cleaned up so I kinda wanna stay on a budget towards tire are but at the same time want to get something good . I heard some good and bad things about the GBC, so anyone have any open ideas ? Thanks ..

gbc are good tires. i believe you are talking about the gbc xrex. i've never personally ridden this tire, but i know some guys that have, think it's a quality tire.

i think the ambush's are a cheaper version of the razrs too.

Yes the GBC Xrex I couldn't figure it out lol, but looked it up thanks . I did see the Ambush but they are 4ply I am pretty sure .

I have nothing but good to say about my ambush, they have out lasted my expectations for what I have done with them! and thats a lot!

Cool, thanks for your input . I'll be racing on them a lot in some rough tracks too . Mostly bigger type rocks were I ride .

I run X-rex's all the way around and they're awesome, and you can get all 4 for around $250 shipped. Excellent tire and I have had no problems with them at all.

Another happy customer of GBC XRexs, find someone that price matches and then go hunting for the absolute cheapest deal. I got all 4 shipped for $210 :thumb: Felt like I was robbing them so I bought some chrome stems too :icon_lol:

Well I need only 2 rears, but I might try to get deal for fronts too because I'll need them in the long run lol . Does anyone know or remember what places to look , all I can think of is discount tire direct .

I just stole this off google lol and someone else photobucket came up. I seen them before at races and they looked pretty nice. I am most likely going to get a rear set soon .

DSC_0259-1.jpg

I just stole this off google lol and someone else photobucket came up. I seen them before at races and they looked pretty nice. I am most likely going to get a rear set soon .

DSC_0259-1.jpg

i seen them before in person, they look really beefy.. i migth try them out once i tear up more the oem ones...

this is the set up i run and i love it..

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else have issues with every ITP tire over roots? I had MXR6's and they punctured super easy (2ply rated) and I had the original holeshot (if I remember correctly) and they did the same thing and were 4 ply rated. I wanted the HD's but they are heavy. Can you feel the weight of them? My kendas are starting to disappoint me this year. After they wore down a little they are slippery as hell.

Anyone else have issues with every ITP tire over roots? I had MXR6's and they punctured super easy (2ply rated) and I had the original holeshot (if I remember correctly) and they did the same thing and were 4 ply rated. I wanted the HD's but they are heavy. Can you feel the weight of them? My kendas are starting to disappoint me this year. After they wore down a little they are slippery as hell.

I haven't personally, but I've had several people tell me they have had the same issues you have. I run ambushe's on my xc trail bikes and absolutely love them. I have 23" Maxxis RZRs 2 Fronts and 22" Maxxis RZR rears on my desert race bike and love them. Never tried ITPs because I heard that the sidewalls are very prone to punctures and the Maxxis aren't. So far I've been really impressed with them.

I haven't personally, but I've had several people tell me they have had the same issues you have. I run ambushe's on my xc trail bikes and absolutely love them. I have 23" Maxxis RZRs 2 Fronts and 22" Maxxis RZR rears on my desert race bike and love them. Never tried ITPs because I heard that the sidewalls are very prone to punctures and the Maxxis aren't. So far I've been really impressed with them.

so far for me the work great and i have the same sizes 23"-22" but mine are 8ply..

Back