Fort Minor Big Updates

Hahninator

5 good things for you guys

RTN / Petrified Download Worldwide Oct 4
Press Release

"Currently the club 12' 'Petrified'/'Remember the Name' is being shipped to club and mix show DJs nationwide. Both tracks will be available for download starting October 4th online."

I'm hoping to pick up one of these somewhere sometime soon lol

FULL ARTICLE: CLICK HERE

SOURCES: Fort Minor Forums, FortMinor.co.uk

====

Fort Minor Items Show Up on eBay; Do Not Bid
2 Petrified/RTN vinyls have shown up on eBay and the public is warned not to bid. Warner Bros / Rocafella are looking into it and they will probably be taken offline (hopefully the seller gets in trouble).

First Vinyl
Second Vinyl
Even though I bid on the 2nd one ( I did before I knew you wouldn't receive them ), I suggest noone else does :O

SOURCES: Fort Minor Forums, anonymous friends

Now with that out of the way,

====

Fort Minor Promo Materials
I know that some of the members of the Fort Minor Militia and Fort Minor Street Team have gotten promo stuff, like flyers and shirts. The vinyls are also being sent out to radio stations.

Since none of us here are in the FMST or FMM, one nice member scanned a flyer for us so we can print it out and promote. I've already tacked up 7 around town today :)

Click Here for the FM Promo Flyer
Thanks so much LinkinBeadsForHope!

Print out and promote!!

====

CD Singles Go Up For Sale on Amazon
Two international sites of Amazon.com have listed the Petrified/RTN singles to buy. They are listed as out of stock, but I'm awaiting to see when that will change :) Keep your eyes out. Might be one of the first places you can purchase the CD.

CD 1
CD 2

Both listed the CD release date as Sept. 20. I'm not really sure about that yet though. Then it says October 7. Who knows :)

====

Single, Video update
Noone's really sure yet, but Holly Brook posted on her forum that Believe Me will be the SECOND FM Video.. So I guess this is confirmed that Petrified will be the first (since a video has been confirmed for that), and Believe Me the second.
Also, pictures have gotten around of Mike and the director of the Believe Me video (I've seen 2 pics).
Greg Watermann, the lucky guy who did the From the Inside book, also took pictures of the Believe Me shoot (must have been recent).
Check out this awesome picture.
;)

But however, after all of the RTN tracks on the FM player are put together, the new FM single will be revealed. My guess is that this is Believe Me, the first FM single. If all of the samples on RTN are released at the right time, then October 3rd will be when the new song is unlocked, and the single is debuting on October 4th so go figure ^_^ Mike is having us vote, so maybe the winner of that will be the second single. Whoooo knows lmao.

So Hahninator is predicting now that:
-Believe Me is the second video, Petrified is the first
-Believe Me is the first single, the winner of RTN/Petrified vote is the second

Evidence:
Petrified video shot early in September, directed by Robert Hales
Even though it's spelled wrong, I think that this is confirming that Petrified is the first video.

SOURCES:
http://www.laurentbriet.com/?m=200509
Laurentbriet.com

Fort Minor Forums Thread

I know everything's all wishy washy, but I'll clear it up when we're sure about everything :) Sorry for so much info in 1 post O_O

====

Anyways, thats all my latest FM news and I'll edit this if there's more. Hope I didn't confuse anyone.
So get out there and PROMOTE!

Thanks,
Hahninator

Attachments

• fortminorflyer.jpg
    fortminorflyer.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 222
Last edited by a moderator:
Ryu has confirmed the videos.

FortMinor.co.uk:
According to this post, a video was shot on Thursday September 8th - This complements the information from Video Static, which confirmed a video shoot on the 9th; said to be for the track 'Believe Me'.

In the same post Ryu also confirms that a video was shot on Wednesday 14th September, which complements what MV Wire have posted; the track is said to be 'Petrified'.

Ryu: "i can't give up any info on it yet, but you'll find out pretty soon. we shot one vidio on thurday and one this coming wednesday."

So Believe Me = 1st vid, Petrified =2nd vid I think

Awesome!! Thanks so much for the news!

I will also print out some flyers and tack them up around the park near my house.

FireHawk said:
i want a RTN/Petrified CD single

BTW: on Amazon they are selling LPU 2.5 LMAO

lol yeah 2.5 is fake :p

My RTN/Petrified single will be here in 2 months (**** the UK/US mail systems for taking so LONG to send international)

so I'll have it after the CD comes out >_< pieces of crap lmao

btw, it's a vinyl not a CD

Side 1:
1. Petrified (Clean/Radio Edit)
2. Petrified (Album Version)
3. Petrified (Instrumental)

Side 2:
1. Remember The Name (Featuring Styles Of Beyond) (Clean/Radio Edit)
2. Remember The Name (Featuring Styles Of Beyond) (Album Version)
3. Remember The Name (Instrumental)

ME WANT! o_O :D

Sounds good... now Ill have to go update my FM wallpaper again with some images from that flyer. :thumbsup:

Thanks to 4everLP_Shinoda for this article!!

Mike Shinoda Announces the Release of Fort Minor

Official press release from PR Newswire on the release of Fort Minor's "Rising Tied" on November 22.

Mike Shinoda will release his much-anticipated hip-hop side project under the name Fort Minor on November 22nd on Linkin Park's label Machine Shop Recordings / Warner Bros. Records. The album, titled "The Rising Tied," is executive produced by Jay-Z and features collaborations with such well-known artists as Common, John Legend, Kenna, Black Thought, Linkin Park's Joe Hahn and new Machine Shop artists Styles of Beyond and Holly Brook. The album is produced by Shinoda, who not only wrote every track, but played nearly every instrument as well

"The Fort Minor record is all about getting back to basics in hip-hop, both sonically and for me personally," shared Shinoda. "And working with Jay-Z again has been phenomenal. We can't wait for people to hear the final product." Currently the club 12" "Petrified"/"Remember the Name" is being shipped to club and mix show DJs nationwide. Both tracks will be available for download starting October 4th online.

Shinoda is half the vocal firepower of the multi-platinum, Grammy® Award-winning band Linkin Park, trading diaphragmatic diatribes with singer Chester Bennington and infusing the searing alternative rock with equally intense hip-hop. Fort Minor is a wholly unique, unadulterated hip-hop album, owing as much to Shinoda's polished lyricism as his musical adeptness. The variety of themes, styles and moods he creates makes this side project likely to do much more than simply satisfy existing Linkin Park fans; it threatens to expose Shinoda as a rap devotee who is as at home in hip-hop as he is in the cross-genre hybrid of Linkin Park.

Multiple Grammy® Award-winning group Linkin Park has sold over 35 million records worldwide in just five years. Their first album, "Hybrid Theory," has been certified platinum 18 times, and their second album, "Meteora," ten times. In collaboration with Jay-Z they also released six tracks on a groundbreaking EP, "Collision Course," which garnered rave reviews. They plan to release their next album in Spring 2006. In addition, Linkin Park established Music For Relief with the Red Cross in January 2005 to help aid victims of world catastrophes, the first being the Tsunami in Southeast Asia. For more information on Linkin Park, Fort Minor and Music For Relief, please log on to www.linkinpark.com, www.fortminor.com or www.musicforrelief.org

SOURCES: LPTIMES, PR NEWSWIRE

Update: 5th layer released like an hour ago...
This time the layer is the....
*drum roll*

err, DRUMS! lmao

They sound VERY good.
Also I hope you guys know, the FM single is being released NEXT week. Yes, NEXT Monday the new FM single will be out. Will it be Kenji? Where'd You Go? Believe Me? Well, it's one of them! lol

Back