FST: TRX450R Valve Springs! (PICS)

ghott

Alright guys - I got a couple of sets of valve springs up for sale for 04/05 TRX450R's (may fit other years or CRF's too, not 100% sure)...

The first set are the RD springs - SUPER VALVE SPRING - as I like to call them....these are BRAND NEW, never used, never installed. They're pretty much the best endurance valve spring you can buy from RD Springs. They're a dual spring setup that use PSI wire, are nitride coated, and have a micro-peened finish. Their RD Spring part number is VSK 297-H. These springs are good up to .450" lift and have seat pressures for both intakes and exhaust at 55 lbs. (at 0.400" lift they are 120 lbs.) With the titanium retainers, this set sells for over $400. If you have any more questions about these, you can contact Zach Jones at RD Springs - he's the rep that I dealt with in getting these and he was able to answer all of my questions very thoroughly.

What you get:
- four brand new valve springs
- four brand new titanium retainers
- four brand new bottoms (2 intake, 2 exhaust)
- (uses stock keepers)
- complete installation instructions

The absolutely-ONLY reason I'm selling these is because I went with all TI valves this time around and they don't require a stiff double spring like stainless steel valves do. I would really like to hold onto this set for a rainy day...and because I like to hoard parts - but selling these would definitely help offset the cost of titanium valves!

Price:
- $285 shipped/paypal'd as GIFT
- $295 shipped/paypal'd as NON-GIFT
FIRM :)

rd_springs-1.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second set for sale are a set of used Kibblewhite dual valve springs. I used these for about a half of a 300ft. drag racing season last year with +1 stainless steel valves and a Hot Cams Stage 3. I think these were right around $240 for the set brand new. I'm not sure if the retainers are aluminum or titanium...I'm thinking they're probably aluminum. I'm also missing one of the retainers...so it'll only come with 3 (no clue how I lost the fourth one). I MIGHT be able to find it in the mean time tho...I have to check a few boxes. Apologies for the out-of-focus picture.

What you get:
- four used valve springs
- three used retainers (will attempt to find the 4th)
- (uses stock keepers)

Price:
- $50 shipped/paypal'd as GIFT
- $55 shipped/paypal'd as NON-GIFT

kw_valves_zpsb68ed91b-1.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trades I'm interested in:
- 48mm or 50mm Lectron
- 44mm FCR
- Brand new Billet RBC Web 208/921 or 242/812+5 (no re-grinds, hard-welds, used, or FBC cams)
- 04/05 gas tank
- 04/05 Fuel Customs Intake
- Shorty DASA canister
- Brand new 04/05 DASA Loretta Lynn's piston

Sure sure try and snap some DS springs up from Gary hehe. I gave up trying to find some and went with the tokyo mods springs.

I think that's the route i'm going to go too.. I want the DS springs but they aren't made anymore. Gary is the man when it comes to clutch/spring advice.

So how bout that extra set of DS springs? :kiss:

tusk hd springs.

Not even close if you're making 55+

I think that's the route i'm going to go too.. I want the DS springs but they aren't made anymore. Gary is the man when it comes to clutch/spring advice.

So how bout that extra set of DS springs? :kiss:

I've got an old set of DS LTR-450 springs - but they've got about 4 years of riding on them haha. I pulled them out and put them in a zip-lock bag on the shelf when I pulled out a smoked clutch a couple years ago. The only other sets I have are in mine and my dad's bikes, sorry man! I do have some of the Tokyo Mods LTR450 clutch springs setting on the shelf and will be using those after I toast this last set of DS springs. As CJM said, definitely go for the TM clutch springs since the DS springs aren't made any more.

haha I figured that would be the answer, but I figured I'd giver a shot :D.. so Tokyo Mods ltr springs it is!

Thanks Gary!

nuckin and several other guys run the tusk clutch springs with well over 55hp machines. not even close? doubt it!

http://www.trx450r.org/forum/93-engine/198024-tusk-clutch-kit.html

it's all about what you think, but the tusk hd clutch springs hold up to plenty of power.

Please understand that Dustin runs a lockout and a 1-3 override. The DS and TM springs are for bikes that make 55+ - that don't use a lockout and don't have an override transmission

Personally, the Tusk HD springs have not worked on my build - they heat up too quickly and don't provide enough pressure. They'll work for a little while...but not past a few hours on my bike with any type of riding I've done (trail, pavement, or drag). I've actually tried many different sets of clutch springs on my current build from CRF springs to 250R, DS, TM, and yes...even Tusk HD and CR500R springs. None have performed and lasted as long as the DS springs have...they're treated to not soak up heat and are very long to provide great pressure. Have you tried all of these springs yourself to form your own opinion or are you just regurgitating what you've read to be combative here?

In closing, I don't wish to discuss this any further in my for sale topic. If you'd like to discuss it further, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Anyone wanna buy some VALVE springs? :)

Ooohh so tempted on a partial trade for a G1 tank on the RD's.... Damn it Gary, why now when I'm try to get $$$..... anything else you need? I got two complete 06's + a bunch of 04/05 stuff I'm clearing out..

Lol, you know you need those Stew! I think I just about covered everything I'm looking for in the OP...additionally, I might be interested in some SLS haulers, extremes or comp cut brats. If you end up getting serious about picking these up, PM me and I'll give you YOUR price :)

I've got my eye on some new tires that I want so I'm knocking the price down from $295 to $250 shipped and paypal'd! That's a total of over $100 off what I paid for these springs and its about the same price you'd pay for a set of new Kibblewhite dual springs directly from KPMI...and these springs are MUCH MUCH higher quality and will last longer!

Back