Having trouble disabling Cached Exchange Mode using Office 2010 OCT

B

briandwest

I've been trying to set up a customized .msp file for deploying Office 2010 to our test group here. The first problem I've run into is getting it to install Outlook without turning on Cached Exchange Mode (CEM). With very rare exceptions, we don't use CEM on any of our systems. And where there's an existing profile that didn't use CEM before, the new Office install honors that. But if someone logs into a machine with Office 2010 where they haven't logged on before, it starts them out in Outlook with CEM turned on. Here are the pertinent OCT settings I've used so far:
Features/Modify User Settings/Microsoft Outlook 2010/Account Settings/Exchange/Cached Exchange Mode:
Use Cached Exchange Mode for new and existing Outlook profiles: Disabled
Cached Exchange Mode (File | Cached Exchange Mode): Disabled
Outlook/Add accounts:
Account Name: Standard; Type: Exchange; If Account Exists: Do Not Replace
Exchange Settings/Cached Mode/"Configure Cached Exchange Mode" is selected; "Use Cached Exchange Mode" is unchecked
I started out with just the first option set, then the first and second, and finally I added the third. I've used a virtual machine for the testing, rolling it back to its original state (with Office 2007 installed) after each test. No matter what I do, if I log on with a user that hadn't previously set up an Outlook profile, it defaults to CEM being active. This seems to work the same on Windows XP and Vista.
Thoughts/suggestions?

Continue reading...

Back