How can I get rid of a virus that Microsoft Security Essentials is not completely removing?

V

VickiGreen_UX

I was for a website that would show me how to do a certain hairstyle. As soon as I clicked on the computer went crazy with Red Alerts from Microsoft Security Essentials. Unfortunately another "supposed" security system popped up looking like microsoft security essentials and behaving like microsoft security essentials, but it was called "Best Virus Protection" and all of a sudden on my desktop. I thought it was microsoft security essentials and clicked clean my computer. All of a sudden I'm being asked to pay for a software package that would fix my problem.
I exed out of the panel and pulled up microsoft essentials (which was blazing red). I ran a Full Security Scan. The detected items were as follows:
Trojan:Win64/Simda.A (alert level severe) Quarantined on 3/9/2012 7:38 AM (I'm running another full scan right now 3/9/2012 8:22 AM)
Trojan:Win32/Simda.R (alert level severe) Quarantined on 3/9/2012 7:38 AM (Both Trojan:Win64 and Trojan:Win32 were quarantined on 3/9/2012 when they first appeared on 3/8/2012 7:09 PM). I sent in the Trojans that were removed after the full scan on 3/8/2012.
Trojan:JS/BlacoleRef.G (alert severe) on 3/8/2012 6:10PM
The icon on my desktop that appeared on 3/8/2012 (after this severe security alert) is back today, and it does not appear anywhere in the control panel's "uninstall programs" panel. The severe alert in this "supposed" Best Virus Protection program was blazing red when I turned on my computer this morning, but there was nothing showing in Microsoft Security Essentials. I ran a Full Security Scan anyway. The Trojan:Win64 and Win32 was quaratined again today. Microsoft Security Systems is reporting that no threats were detected, but those Trojans were quaratined. I can not remove this supposed Best Virus Protection icon and I can not find it in the control panel to remove it. What do I do? My computer is still under threat.

Continue reading...

Back