How can I re-enable the Security Center and Microsoft Security Essentials in Win XP?

F

fun4cristi

I've just installed microsoft security essentials before removing kaspersky internet security 7.0 (i had just disabled it's protection, it's autostart and exited the application).
during installation, i received an error message that said, it could not be completed. i went online and followed the advice of microsoft, where it said something about change the way windows started using msconfig. so i did. the installation went well afterwards, only that my wifi and other programs failed to boot because i had followed microsofts advice and removed them from msconfig. also, security essentials was not starting and the security center had been turned off. i tried re-enabling it using service.msc, but it does not stay activated and i receive an error message after the second attempt to start it, saying something like it can not be started because bla bla, something with an application. i am so angry.

then i removed kaspersky for good, restarted - same result. security essentials wont start at all! it just display it's window for a second and then disappears.
i am out of ideas/ what should i do?

thanks,
cristian

Continue reading...

Back