I am having some Windows 7 issues with the Microsoft Deployment Tool...

R

RoxanneZO

Wow, where to start.....
Well, I ran the Windows 7 installer, and I made it through and it said it needed to restart, but whenever it restarted, it would have this super long message about how the task has been suspended, and how Litetouch encountered an environmental error, boot into WinPE!, then went into a thing about the boot order, etc, etc... Well, I did some research online and found that basically that just means that there was some leftover files in the partition from a previous deployment, so just clean out the partition through the command prompt, so I did.
Well, that did not work. However, it did clear the error and made me start the installation from scratch, but when I got back to the restart... Same error... So anyway, I read somewhere else that I needed to delete the MININT & _SMSTaskSequence directories to get rid of the error... so I did... All that seemed to do is the same thing as cleaning the partition. It just made me re-install and restart, but when I get to the restart, ugh... same error.
So anyway, I start perusing the BIOS to see if anything funny is sticking out, and I go to the boot order and change my HDD as my first priority (CD-ROM was selected first), but whenever I select it to boot, it says "No operating system found." Something just doesn't seem right about that!!!
After giving it some though, I'm thinking maybe the IDE drive is the problem with Windows 7? I am running a Phoenix AwardBIOS CMOS Setup Utility, and it's so incredibly bare, I just don't know what I could change that would make a difference.
So anyway... If anyone knows ANYTHING that may be able to help lil ole me, it would be MUCH appreciated. I am totally stuck, and I'm like a minute away from brain implosion.
Thanks in advance!!!!
~Roxy

Continue reading...

Back