I cannot download the new updates from May 8, 2012. I keep getting the error code 641. In a separa

N

NewsBot

I've had my computer since 2009 and its been fine until now. My operating system isWindows Vista Ultra 64-bit with service pack 2. I cannot download the new updates from May 8, 2012. These are: KB2604111; KB2604121; KB2656405 and KB2690729 (Silverlight) plus there are other updates for MS Office. I keep getting theerror code 641. In a separate issue I get the following error when trying to fix the Update error. This error reads, "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed...." How can all this be fixed?I have been trying several of the fixes that were previously mentioned on the Boards with no help. None of the Fix It downloads have worked. I've checked to make sure that the Installer Module is "started" which it is. The only thing I can possibly tie this problem to, is a "speed-up / fix" program sponsored through AOL. Everything worked fine until I uninstalled this program.

View this thread

Back