I got an offer by a company who called themselves Windows Microtech support...

U

ullapalmér

I got a phonecall by someone saying he represented Microsoft support... something and they offered me to cleanse my PC from very dangerous virus that they had found on mine and other customers´computers.They would also sell MS Essentials (which I did not have before) the price being 290 EUR for 3 years. Now when I read on your sight here that I can have it for free I feel very much afraid I have been cheated by people trying to sell copies of your software or/and even themselves being hackers? I actually had some problems some time before this telephone call. Of course I had other software for protection - which I was told was no good (Norton).
The man who contacted me started the search online for virus in my pc, he said, I did not give away any code but somehow he gave me the impression that he could do this and then started to install the software. It seems to be there now and working, loooking just the same as I can see on other pc:s. But the configuration process stopped before it was finished and so did my internet connection. After 24 hours no one either from the "support" or my internet company can help. I got e-mail adress and tel numbers but I haven´t got any answers. So now I really got problems.

Continue reading...

Back