i have a crazy idea

tonon

what do you think?

i get a few hundred people togather and buy about 10,000 acres of land out in the middle of nowhere. we get established but not too established. we get electricity by using solar panels, we get water from wells, have septic tanks, wood or maybe electric heat. every house would be almost completely self seficient. no power lines above the road, no pipes under the road. making it harder for terrorists to touch us. every house will be constructed well under strict codes, but more improtantly the people who build it will be required to own it for at least 2 years (no over building for the almitty buck by construction campanies). try to get people who want to build a really well built, unique house.

the town to start off would probably just have dirt roads. people would be required to have at least one light in their front yards on account of there being no street lights. our town would be self seficiant, from food to wood (for the most part). it would be built kind of like my town, bristol, connecticut. in fact, id like to name it new bristol. but all this would be voted on, we would do our best to all reach an agreement. this would be a town of correctness and respect. the bugryns could come here and get their 40 or so acres. everyone would be welcome to come though. we would need to figure out a way to make money and a way to store solar power for when the sun isnt out. but we could work that out. kind of like on the movie "the village" accept larger scale and most of todays modern conviniences.

anyone think its possible?

....I like that Idea. The money problem could be solved by having a currency that's exclusive to the town for the residents to pay for necessities, living taxes, etc. (I'm guessing that since this town is self sustaining, most nessicities will be able to be produced around the community with ease) The only trouble would be storing solar power. I believe special batteries are used for this.

everything we could produce here, we would. yes, i guess we would need lots of batteries.

You are missing some sort of export in order to retrieve any necessities from outside the village (IE medications, education, communication,) Money within a community is fine but you are forgetting more things than I can count. Otherwise it's all fun

"medications" are one reason i would want part in this town. you probably have no idea how corrupt the food and drug administration are. maybe you do, i dont know. but ill tell you something. ive been on and off drugs through out my life. half of them dont seem to do anything, some of them work with crazy side effects and some do work. ive taken about 5 of the top selling pain relievers in my life and non of them have ever done anything, or at least they never seemed to. how ever, one time i had a head ache like my head was going to explode and i chuged 2 glasses of water, instantly the head ache was completely gone. ive also found rest, rubbing my temples, eating and just keeping busy works good too. i bought kevin trudues "natural cure they dont want you to know about" book and i was shocked yet something inside of me knew all along. i lost about 10 pounds in 2 weeks just by eating a big breakfast, drinking water as soon as i wake up and not eating right before i go to bed. i have to say, i feel better.

basicly id like to see a town of truth, not just profit.

education, umm good question. not sure. i guess we would build one or two school houses to start off. and possibly a grannet post office and a just as nice town hall over looking a green. or possibly a sort of immitation grannite, like 3 parts cement, 1 part dark grey sand, 1 part white and clear sand and 1 part black crushed stone. make it look like the old bristol, connecticut post office.

communication, another tough one. cell phones? possibly, or i guess we could run phone lines, at least to the towns public buildings.

Tonon, have you ever read Atlas Shrugged? The end sort of turns of like that, with the most self sufficent people as residents. Inventors, musicians, engineers, etc.
It's an extraordinary book with a great look at capitalism, and everything else.
It's a great idea, and I've thought about it myself many a time. If only.

OK dip **** so you better find a fully quarantined island with all the possible plant life you need and make sure you don't have anything anyone else wants blah blah blah. Again, too many holes. If you are interested in how to start a community you better start over. For a minute I thought this was going to turn into an actually conversation on the possibilities of creating a self sustained community. I guess not I'm outa this thread

no, sounds like an interesting book. im not much of a capitalist but im kind of a mix of the right and the left. i dont like to see peoples land getting taken by eminent domain against their will, there would be none of that in this town, we would all come to an agreement. i also dream of it being a town of unique and beutiful buildings.

I think tonon and tizz should get together and move to that island right away, but before they go, lets spay and neuter them so they don't **** up the eco system of their paradise by breeding and introducing a bizarre new species into the food chain.

No need to spay or neuter, the population would die via my own disgust ;)

Honestly I just enjoy the study of culture and society is all.

tonon said:
what do you think?

i get a few hundred people togather and buy about 10,000 acres of land out in the middle of nowhere. we get established but not too established. we get electricity by using solar panels, we get water from wells, have septic tanks, wood or maybe electric heat. every house would be almost completely self seficient. no power lines above the road, no pipes under the road. making it harder for terrorists to touch us. every house will be constructed well under strict codes, but more improtantly the people who build it will be required to own it for at least 2 years (no over building for the almitty buck by construction campanies). try to get people who want to build a really well built, unique house.

the town to start off would probably just have dirt roads. people would be required to have at least one light in their front yards on account of there being no street lights. our town would be self seficiant, from food to wood (for the most part). it would be built kind of like my town, bristol, connecticut. in fact, id like to name it new bristol. but all this would be voted on, we would do our best to all reach an agreement. this would be a town of correctness and respect. the bugryns could come here and get their 40 or so acres. everyone would be welcome to come though. we would need to figure out a way to make money and a way to store solar power for when the sun isnt out. but we could work that out. kind of like on the movie "the village" accept larger scale and most of todays modern conviniences.

anyone think its possible?

You know whats funny, before I got to the end of what you wrote, I was thinking, "just like the movie the Village." I think it sounds great, let me know where to show up.
I have often thought it would be nice to seperate myself and my daughter from the general life of todays world. I worry about her going to school with people who are taking drugs, doing God knows what. When she brings friends over and I hear them talk about their lives, I wonder what kind of effect this will have on her. I would of course want more mod cons but I thougt the Village looked wonderful, except for the things that lived in the woods, I like wearing red.

The Village was an awsome movie with a very distinct message about society. I don't think I would mind it myself. As long as we always had toilet paper instead of corn husks, I'm good to go. I'll live off of bugs and bark, **** it.

we might have to go to "the towns" every now and then to get supplies. we would of course bring some cows, chickens, ect. and many vegitables and fruits. we would probably end up working very hard for the first year or two, it would get better after a little while. once we get houses built. food, shelter and clothing is what we would really need to keep an eye on.

ARE YOU NOT PAYING ATTENTION. !!!
ALL I NEED IS SOME ASSWIPE THAT DOES'NT CHAP MY ASS, **** THE REST OF THE SUPPLIES, IF I NEED MORE ASSWIPE, I'LL SWIPE SOME FROM THE RANGER STATION.
.​

Back