I think MSE is preventing me from accessing the internet...help?!

M

Mochajennie

I like to use chrome and after I downloaded avast anti virus I suddenly couldn't get access to internet. Google chrome would say, ERROR 138 (net::ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED): Unable to access the network, and that 'This may be because your firewall or antivirus software wrongly thinks Google Chrome is an intruder on your computer and is blocking it from connecting to the internet.
So I added both chrome and internet explorer (since internet explorer didnt work as well) to the list of programs allowed through the firewall. It didnt work so I got rid of avast, and downloaded MSE. I've done EVERYTHING i could think of: system restores (which seemed to TEMPORARILY fix the problem), windows updates, disk defragments, disk cleaning, removing and adding chrome and internet to the list, installing different antivirus programs (but making sure I didnt have two at the same time).... And nothing seems to work, unless I start the computer in safe mode with networking, which is the only way I seem to be able to get internet. Can somebody help me please??

Continue reading...

Back