IE cannot display the webpage, but there are no connection problem

X

xSojournerx

I am using Windows 7, Explorer 9.0.4 64 bit. I keep having a recurring problem: I will try to visit a page, but get the "IE cannot display the webpage" message. It seems to happen most on pages that have lots of imbedded displays; IMDB.com is all but unviewable. Sometimes, there will be a flash of the desired page, then the Cannot Display message; sometimes it's possible to hit the Back button, and the correct page will display. Sometimes hitting Back only reloads the same page (as indicated by the address bar), and the same Cannot Display message. I downgraded to IE8, then re-upgraded to IE9, and the problem persisted. (I don't remember if I tested IE8 for the problem). It seems like IE9 is trying to perform some kind of extra, unasked for, step but failing and displaying an inappropriate error message. (Inappropriate in that it acts like there is a connection problem even though other tabs are working fine.) I've tried other browsers (Firefox, Chrome) but they suck compared to IE when IE works, IMO.

Continue reading...

Back