IE8 - Daily Intermittent Connectivity Issue **** PLEASE HELP !!! ****

S

sydney2000

Hello,

I’m hoping someone in this forum can help me out here.

I’m having daily intermittent IE8 connection problem on Win7 Prof SP1. Here’s the pattern and symptoms:

1. I open IE8
2. Browse some sites (example: Google, Yahoo, MSN and etc.) and each site opened has its own tab.
3. While IE is still open but minimized, I open other apps and do my work.
4. Some time elapsed and I’m still doing my work.
5. Some time elapsed, I re-open IE8 with whatever pages I visited last time and still on the screen.

6. Here comes the problem.

Either IE continues to work and totally stop working. So I will explain the stop working part. If I go to
any of the previously opened tab/site and try to click on any links on the page, it will not work and eventually
will get the generic IE error message “Internet Explorer cannot display this page”. Can’t remember the exact wording
but something to this effect and it also has a button (if I remember correctly) below it on which you can click to run
diagnostic. If I open a new tab and try to go to a new site, it will not go there and of course will get the same error
message.

The only way to get it working again is SHUTDOWN IE8. Open up IE again. I also have a program running in the system tray
which gathers stock data at every X interval of time. I noticed a few times this also stopped working whenever I had the IE
problem. It almost acts like the machine just lost network connectivity. However I can still browse the network resources.

This pattern of problems happen every day and at least twice a day. It’s very annoying.

Is my problem related to some type of network settings?

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Continue reading...

Back