IE8 errors on several but not all machines.

O

OTS Tech

I have a number of XP machines with IE8 on them that recently started having errors on common pages. For instance if you go to www.stltoday.com and click the Health tab. It will give a Send Report to MS error and if you look at the details it mentions ntdll.dll. After saying No Don't Send it flashes a moment and loads the desired page. I can make this happen on 2 local newspapers as well as a doppler weather site I often go to. In every case it recovers the page and works fine after the error. I have tried to reset security settings, run IE without addons and I have uninstalled adobe flash, air and pdf reader because those came into play on the pages. the strangest thing is other machines work fine on these pages with a very similar build. I was able to uninstall IE8 which took me back to IE6 and the problem went away. After reinstalling IE8 the problem returned. Any thoughts what to do? I know some of my users have said the heck with it and use Chrome or Firefox, but that isn't a good solution. Thanks for any help!

Continue reading...

Back