IE9 connectivity not working with the 32 bit browser.

J

James Toutges

The 64 bit IE9 browser works but the 32 bit browser on the same machine doesnt. Anyone have any ideas? I have verified DNS via DOS and can ping by name in DOS but my IE 9 32 bit browser cannot browse the internet or connect to windows update server. The 64 bit browser can browse the internet and connect to the windows update server. I have verified that no proxy setting are enabled (both in "internet Options" and in the registry. I believe it has to have something to do with a registry setting being wrong somehow. The reason I think this is because the 64bit browser is in a different path on the hard drive. Internet Explorer 9 64 bit is installed at "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer" whereas the 32 bit version is installed at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer" this is the only thing left I dont know how to troubleshoot. Is there a setting of how the two browsers point to the internet in the registry?
At this point any ideas are welcome as I have searched fourms for months now and am about ready to just reinstall windows but I have never encountered a computer issue I couldnt fix until now and truthfully this one has me baffeled.
Thanks for your time and effort in helping me try to resolve this issue,
James

FYI - I forgot to mention I have restart and entered into the Safe Mode with networking and I have the same problem. 64 bit browser works 32 bit doesnt.

Continue reading...

Back