IE9 Stops Tracking History

D

Dave Nickason

I am having an issue where, after about two weeks, IE 9 (on Win7 x86, fully patched) will stop recording history. Logging into another profile and deleting C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History will immediately fix this, but then it stops again in about another two weeks. History was recorded through yesterday, but today it has stopped again. I can still see all the history from about two weeks ago through yesterday, but for today, the history only shows entries for RSS feeds and pages on my local intranet.
It appears that this has been happening for about two months, which would correspond to the upgrade from IE8. I have IE9 configured to keep history for 20 days, which it did as expected until the first time I ran into this problem. Now, when it stops saving the history, I can see entries under "2 Weeks Ago" but not "3 Weeks Ago," so that's about how long it tends to work before failing.
I don't see how this could be related to a setting, since History works as expected for a period of time. Regardless, I've checked everything I can think of. This seems to be a fairly common problem, but I haven't found any suggestions that helped other than to delete the History folder, which is fairly annoying since I like to have the history available. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Dave Nickason - SBS MVP

Continue reading...

Back