IE9 will only print as an adminstrator

K

kbmj

I have a computer on our domain that will not let me print from IE9 unless the user is an administrator on the local machine. I have a number of users that use this computer and log in at different times, but have to be part of global security group called Special Group to operate special software. This group is member of the administrator group on the local machine. When I log in as one of these users and right click and run IE9 as an administrator it works fine. If I try to do it without running as an admin it ask me to install a printer(printers do not show and there are 3 or 4) and kills the print spooler and I have to restart it(printers show after). If I set myself up as user with admin rights on the local machine, I can log in and print from IE no problem. This happen after I upgraded to IE9,never an issue with IE8. I know its a permission issue, but cannot figure out how to get IE9 to print when users are in the Special Group and what change from 8 to 9. No problems printing from any other app. The computer is 32bit Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

Continue reading...

Back