Install Drivers before Windows 7 Installation? ACPI Error

K

kilp183

Cheers! I do have the following problem: I installed the entire Hardware, being an Asrock board, the intel i5 2500k, SSD Sata-3 Drive, ram and all the other stuff. The machine is up and running and i can boot into the bios where everything is as it should be. Since i did not purchase a CD-Rom Drive, i downloaded the windows 7 professional image from MSDA network, used the image to make it bootable (with "unetbootin") - chose it as primary boot device (since the SSD is completely new and doesnt contain any files). Now the problem: When Booting, the "initialising Windows files" screen appears and loads successfully. Afterwards, when it says "starting windows", the "setup" crashes, giving me a bluescreen with an ACPI error. I tried booting in low resolution modus, tried switching off onboard graphics (note: I do not have an additional graphics card since i intend on using the GPU inside the i5 processor) - but nothing works to prevent the problem. Like i said, im a little confused about the fact that Asrock says in its manual to install the drivers BEFORE installing windows... how should that be possible? Anyway... i tried... How? I created an image from the drivers cd which was delivered with the board... made the image bootable, chose it as primary booting device.. but it didnt gave me any options about installing drivers.. So... How can i sucessfully install windows 7 professional on my computer without the ACPI error!? Thanks in advance! Cheers!

Continue reading...

Back