Internet Explorer 9 will not load ANY pages

• Thread starter Rebecca.SavedByGrace
  • Start date
R

Rebecca.SavedByGrace

Hi, everyone...I'm really hoping someone can help me with this. I've never posted in a forum like this so I will do my best to give all the details you might need...
I can open IE9 but nothing loads. The page is blank. Nothing even looks like it is loading. No error messages, no links, nothing. It won't load an address typed into the address bar either. The page is completely white. I also don't have menu options like under 'tools' most of the choices are grey like 'internet options' and so I cannot click on them. If I try to load a page from one of my favorites I occasionally get a yellow and white box at the bottom of the window that says "the webpage is not responding." along with a button that says "recover webpage". If I click that button a get a pop up that says "webpage is not responding...windows is searching for a solution to the problem" The box then goes away and nothing more happens.
A few bits of background...IE9 did work previously. I didn't change any settings in it I only added bookmarks. It was/is not the default browser. I set it up for my husband to use so he could easily get to all his faves. (He is not computer savvy). He used it fine until it stopped working several months ago (early or mid summer) out of the blue. It is on my Windows 7 (64 bit) PC that is only a year and a half old. It has service pack 1 and more RAM than I know what to do with or will ever be able to use in all likelihood. I use Firefox as my default browser and was forced to download Google Chrome as a replacement for my husband and both have had no issues at all. I also have a laptop running Vista and IE works fine on that machine.
Another thing to note is that the same time IE stopped working my internet connection (DSL) also started to "fail" for long moments and then will start again...which I mostly notice when chatting in Yahoo messenger which will not let me type without a connection...or webpages suddenly won't load...it will stay like this for anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute or more and then just connect again. This will also happen repeatedly (like 1-3 times per hour)and this does NOT happen on my laptop, only on the desktop where IE doesn't work. I may notice it when Yahoo Messenger is up because when it reconnects my yahoo window pops up...if it happens without being logged into Yahoo I often don't notice it (unless I try loading a page) as nothing obvious changes...unless I happen to notice the tiny red x on my network icon in the task bar.
I have had my tech guy come and try to figure it out and he cannot find the reason. He checked for firewall interference, viruses, trojans, spyware, adware, software interference etc. I have tried running IE with add-ons disabled (tho I never added any to begin with), I have tried re-registering IE, resetting IE, resetting Winsock, renewing DNS IP, Mr. Fix It, uninstalling and reinstalling IE as well as the procedure found here http://iefaq.info/index.php?action=artikel&cat=42&id=133&artlang=en (which I found while trying to find the answer to my issues on this forum and several others). None of it has worked. My tech guy believes the issue with my connection and IE9 not working is related and may only be fixed when Microsoft puts out a new version. I am hoping this is not the case as I can only edit my website via IE (of course) which in all honesty is the only reason I care to have IE installed/fixed...and the fact that I am hoping it stops the connectivity interruptions.
Has anybody else encountered this issue? Has anybody else found a solution? Thanks in advance

Continue reading...

Back