Invalid Product Code - all Office icons turned Orange

N

NewsBot

Hi
I have a client with an issue that I can see other related, but not exact, issues.
He has installed Office Standard 2007 (retail box with key) and Outlook 2010 (retail box with product key).  He has since downloaded an 'update' and since then all his Office Application (Word, Excel, PPT) are orange and 'open source' by the look.  
Also, when he goes to open Excel, Word or PPT he gets a pop up with Microsoft screen asking for valid product code etc., etc,.

Now - he doesn't want the upgrade - he did it all by mistake - and is happy with Office Standard 2007...  however I can't find how to uninstall the Office 'upgrade' update.
I can see in Programs there is a program called Microsoft Office 2010 and it is only 6.3Mb, so I attempted to uninstall this thinking this must be the trigger application - however there is now an issue with his machine whereby it says it needs to finish
uninstalling program before uninstalling something else... I can't actually uninstall ANYTHING!
Can anyone help? 
He also by the way has 3 anti-virus applications on which I said wasn't a good idea (McAfee, AVG and Avast) and it won't let me remove any of those either.  I have disabled the scanner on McAfee and AVG and run a scan and no virus was found - although
an alert did come up previously for a Generic.23.cvq trojan - but I can't find anything on this and it has now not been found (so possibly quarantined).
I have no direct access to his machine - it's all accessing remotely, so I am restricted to doing things at particular times (i.e. I can't do all the things I would sat at home with it in front of me for a couple of hours!)
Any help gratefully received.

View this thread

Back