Is it because he's a man???

Chi

So I come home and notice a lot of things dirty in the apt when my bf has been home ALLLLL day! Mirrors are dirty, as well as tables & countertops, carpeting could use vaccuming in some places. Do men not notice things like this or am I just a clean freak psycho or just bitching because I'm on my time of the month like my bf claims when I just called him at work to bitch about this?

I'm convinced that most men don't notice these things like we do. It's that difference in definition that's the sticking point.... same as with our kids.

It coud also be your OCD tendancies. The PMS could be a contributing factor. It could be he's actually a slob. shrugs

I learned to let mine go a long time ago. Had to at that old place. I would have never slept if I thought I had to keep on top of it all. I now have a healthy tolerance for dirt. It's saved many, many arguments. ;)

Of course you two feel this way your girls. It doesn't matter what gender you are you have lazy people. We let my daughter come stay with us yet again (boyfriend fight). I let her use my computer and she leaves a warm cup of milk sitting on my desk. I go upstairs and do the dishes because, well she didn't. I go to open up some corn for dinner I'm gonna make cause well she didn't and find the top of a can of chowder on the can opener. She couldn't at least put the damn thing in the garbage two feet away?

He's just a slob, get used to it, it's a guy thing. Although there are some men (like my uncle Gary), who are compulsive cleaners. Myself, I'm one of those "I'LL START CLEANING JUST BEFORE SHE GETS HOME...........maybe :p" types.

Depends on who created the disaster. If it was my kids, I turn them into slaves and make them clean before they can use the wii/computer. I also have a dishwasher at the house, so that makes the kitchen easier to tackle... I HATE doing dishes.

My wife and I have an agreement about them. I'll do all the cooking, she does the dishes. :cool:

mercury said:
I'm convinced that most men don't notice these things like we do. It's that difference in definition that's the sticking point.... same as with our kids.

It coud also be your OCD tendancies. The PMS could be a contributing factor. It could be he's actually a slob. shrugs

I learned to let mine go a long time ago. Had to at that old place. I would have never slept if I thought I had to keep on top of it all. I now have a healthy tolerance for dirt. It's saved many, many arguments. ;)

Yeah, now I feel kinda bad for bitching at him. I'm sure he would've done that stuff if I would've asked him to do it. Otherwise he doesn't notice that kind of stuff (or pretends not to.) I just get mad because I feel like I do a lot more around here than he (and the kids) do because I notice everything and it bothers me, so I'm always cleaning and doing things. Then I get resentful and explode.

I get in trouble when I clean because I like to throw away everything. If we don't need it it's gone.

snafu said:
Of course you two feel this way your girls. It doesn't matter what gender you are you have lazy people. We let my daughter come stay with us yet again (boyfriend fight). I let her use my computer and she leaves a warm cup of milk sitting on my desk. I go upstairs and do the dishes because, well she didn't. I go to open up some corn for dinner I'm gonna make cause well she didn't and find the top of a can of chowder on the can opener. She couldn't at least put the damn thing in the garbage two feet away?

Yup, lazy people do come in all shapes and forms. And that's my kids, too, making stuff or leaving stuff behind. Then I have to go after them like a broken record until they get it.

Bender said:
Myself, I'm one of those "I'LL START CLEANING JUST BEFORE SHE GETS HOME...........maybe :p" types.

That's usually him right there! Because often he's still doing something when I get home. Unless I recently bitched at him about something, then he's good about it for a while, until next time...

And YES, thank god for the dishwasher!!!!! That's one less thing to fight about!

snafu said:
I get in trouble when I clean because I like to throw away everything. If we don't need it it's gone.

lol, I'd be so mad if I was your wife, too! I HATE being wasteful. Or getting rid of stuff you can use later and then need to buy another of to replace it.

Chi said:
lol, I'd be so mad if I was your wife, too! I HATE being wasteful. Or getting rid of stuff you can use later and then need to buy another of to replace it.

See I don't look at prices like she dose when I shop. She dose all the shopping and the bills so I guess I see your point but there's a limit to the crap you can have around the house.

I'll agree that it's not a gender thing. My daughter is a bigger pig than the boys & my husband combined!

snafu said:
See I don't look at prices like she dose when I shop. She dose all the shopping and the bills so I guess I see your point but there's a limit to the crap you can have around the house.

True, clutter is not good, but maybe next time you can run it by her first before you throw stuff out. That way you can still help clean without making her weary that she can't trust you to do it.

I take care of getting the bills paid here, too, and I sometimes have to show my bf why we can't be so wasteful/spendful and where all the money goes.

Chi said:
True, clutter is not good, but maybe next time you can run it by her first before you throw stuff out. That way you can still help clean without making her weary that she can't trust you to do it.

I take care of getting the bills paid here, too, and I sometimes have to show my bf why we can't be so wasteful/spendful and where all the money goes.

LOL

I make sure what I throw out is in bags ready for inspection!:p And she will let me know if I up!

snafu said:
LOL

I make sure what I throw out is in bags ready for inspection!:p And she will let me know if I up!

There you go! Snaf knows what he's doing:D

tell his boyfriend to withhold sex til the apt is clean. He's probably just waiting for Obama's goons to clean for him...

Seriously though- why call him at work and gripe about it? What's he gonna be able to do from there?

eddo said:
Seriously though- why call him at work and gripe about it? What's he gonna be able to do from there?
He's able to hear me unleash my wrath on him!lol Nah, I sort of apologized to him a while afterwards. He doesn't notice stuff like I do, I should have asked him to do that stuff and not expect him to be a mind reader.

Ehhh....as long as the toilet seat is down, the cupboard doors are closed and there isn't live vermin running around I'm good.

Besides, I'd rather spend my free time getting frisky than cleaning any day of the week. ;)

I'm OCD...and can't put out if the house is a sty. It's the way I am...I get turned on seeing men do household stuff...or better yet...having it done as a surprise when i get home.

emkay64 said:
I'm OCD...and can't put out if the house is a sty. It's the way I am...I get turned on seeing men do household stuff...or better yet...having it done as a surprise when i get home.

Crap I get in trouble for cleaning up. That's because I throw everything away that I deem garbage.

Back