IS it possible for somebody to add networks to remotely add a network to my computer, they so...

O

OOOG_YOUNG BUCK

It is kind of a two part question: First how much info can they get when they've done this, my passwords are all encrypted but if they are doing that they could probably get around that too. Now the second part, and no BS please, as an avid member in my community (which is sadly degrading), I've notice a lot of new drug traffick. Is it possible that law enforcement is monitoring our networks for our safety, for I've also noticed we now have two full time undercover security guards or police working in the Complex now and we already have 3 uniforms here at all times. Clashing observation was that it was literally 5 min before the occurences began when a new network popped up named F c off. Maybe some help to catch which network or a way to stop what I'm not exactly sure they are even doing. Also when I try to map my network it has trouble recognizing devices, I had to go into the log of my wireless modem to figure out my computer setting were change to automatically log onto a "what appears as an" unprotected hotspot. I already deleted that network from my computer but how did it get there, it was an ad hoc. Was it possible for them to add a network remotely using the wireless modem.

P.S. this all started when I added my completly erased and deregistered nook e-reader to my network, and major interferences were occuring while trying to enter credit card info to register it, that was when I discovered I was on the other network as well.
P.S.S. for now I've changed all passwords and cut network sharing, my modem uses WEP protection. Would another protection choice be better, either they can't or won't access my router as is.

Last thing, I don't think it is police. I don't think I'd have been able to even notice if professionals were doing this, and as is everytime something really important is trying to be accessed like a secure page or credit info my router does an automatic reset.

Sorry it is so long, I figured the more you knew the easier to help, and I just dont want F c off messin w/me anymore, any (physically) non-violent solutions are welcome.

Greg in Indy

Continue reading...

Back