Issues internet explorer 9 homepage after installing another program

• Thread starter ForgottenProphetess26
  • Start date
F

ForgottenProphetess26

Hi, since I updated a program called glary activities and forgot to click "do not make glarysearch my homepage" I have been unable to change my homepage back to its original page. Everytime I do "Tools," "Internet Options," "Change homepage," delete glarysearch, and add my normal homepage, internet explorer changes it back to glarysearch! I have tried everything from removing glary to running virius and adaware scans. I have even redone the update for Internet Explorer and am contemplating removing internet explorer and than re-adding it. (Something I was going to attempt previously but could not find the instructions how to do so, since it is not in my remove programs section of my control panel.)
I know the problem lies with internet explorer because my Firefox easily changed the homepage back to my original. Internet explorer has been acting weird since then too. Usually it is fine with yahoo games, but now it is erroring out. Also it is acting really slow and displaying "Internet explorer has encountered an error. Internet explorer must close webpage."

Does any one have any ideas how to get my homepage and my internet explorer back to normal?

Continue reading...

Back