Issues Starting Windows XP

V

VicariousToast

The first thing I need to say is that I know very little about computers.
So, I tried to turn my computer on a few hours ago, and it seemed to be having multiple issues starting up. My computer is a Toshiba M45 Satellite laptop. I am running Windows XP Home Edition, and I believe that it's SP3 (It could possibly be SP2.).
I downloaded a few demos on my mom's computer, transferred them onto a flash drive, plugged the flash drive into my laptop, and started it up. When it turned on, there was a blue screen (I don't think it was the Blue Screen of Death, it seems like it was a darker shade of blue.), that said something about my registry, and my hard drive being corrupted (or certain files corrupted or something.). So I took the flash drive out, and plugged it into the other computer to see if it was causing problems. The other computer worked fine. So I started my laptop up without the flash drive plugged in. I got to that light blue screen where it verifies your hard drive or something. It deleted a corrupted file (it was like pagefile.sys or something), and then said something about restoring an orphan file, which was also a pagefile.
Then after it loaded, the welcome screen was different. Instead of the usual blue screen listing the accounts, I got a black screen with a login window. I typed in my password and hit enter. After that, an error window popped up and said that my computer had insufficient resources to log in. So I tried to log in on the admin account, but then I got the Blue Screen of Death. For some reason (probably lack of paper), I didn't write the error down, so the next time I get a chance I'll start it up again and write it down.
I went through this a couple of times, trying out a couple of random ideas. So then, I got curious and plugged my flash drive in. I got that first blue screen about the registry. I took it out, started the computer up again, and it went on to the weird login screen. I repeated this a couple more times, and I got the same result.
I should also mention that my laptop's battery won't work. So I have to plug it in to use it. I accidentally unplugged it earlier today, and it shut off. Could this have caused all of this, or is it something else?
I will try to get that error code up tomorrow if no one knows what the issue is. I just hope I didn't screw up my computer to the point where I can't use it anymore. I don't really have the money to get another laptop, so I need to fix this if I can. Any information on this will be greatly appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back