Land of Confusion

Pheonix791989

Believe: MindFreak
Its been a while since I've been here but I decided to post a bit of my new story and then depending on the reaction I get I will either scrap it compleatly or keep going. But to some of the new people here I'm Phi or Mel I answer to both, if you have any ideas then pop on by and drop me a note. I lurk here more then I post lol. Rav, Woods, fox and fribby you guys are welcome in my chaotic mind if you dare... *insert Evil laughter here* *cough cough* well this isnt a linkin park story by any means so just bare with me.

Mel gave a growl as her muscles strained against the amp that was twice her size and weight. The wheel was stuck in a damn crack and didnt want to move. The heat in this forsaken state was unbearable and she was glad to be leaving it, even if it was only for a few months. Her back was sunburned and her neck hurt like hell from the physical labor she had been doing all day. Mel was pissed about being sore, but what made her even more mad was the fact that she had to give up her awesome ass tickets because her boss wouldnt let her off for the day. The bar where she worked was pretty much a **** hole and when a guy came in looking for someone to help set up for a preformance at the local arena, she was quick to jump on board. Mel still didnt get the chance to see the concert but atleast she had done some work to make sure that it had gone pretty smoothly for set up. HEr knowledge was unrivaled in this small town when it came to sound equipment and making things work. One of the roadies had ended up with a broken collar bone after he fell from a rigging so he would be out for the rest of the tour. Once again it was a chance that Mel jumped at in an instance. But for all of her fortune and good luck, this amp was determined to put a dent in her good mood. Her curses put some of the other roadies to shame. Suddenly the amp moved, forcing Mel to stumble forward and nearly face plant into the pavement. Cursing once more, she stood up and dusted off her jeans.
"I'm sorry I didnt realise that you'd fall like that or I would have warned you"
Mel frowned as she looked up at the guy who had helped her. She rubbed her knee as it gave a throb. Mel gave a grin.
"Just warn me next time, im a clutz if you ever met one."
Mel muttered as the wheel broke off the amp, causing her to curse once more. The guy who had helped her laughed.
"Bad luck today?"
"I seem to be going two for two. Two good things happened today only to be balanced out by two horrible things."
The guy chuckled as he helped her load the amp into the truck and wrote a note, sticking it on the amp. The note mentioned something about needing a fixed wheel.
"You must be the new chick. I'm David."
"I know. I'm Melissa, Mel for short."
"You a fan?"
"Yeah, for the most part."
"Whats that supposed to mean?"
David snatched at her hand in a semi playful manner. Upon the contact of the skin, Mel swore and blew on her hand.
"Sorry sunburned."
"I got some stuff for bad sunburns if you want to try it."
"I think I'll take you up on that offer Draiman."
Mel thanked what ever God was kind enough to hear her prayer that they were finished loading the trucks. Her neck ached and her head resounded like a gong in an empty room. Mel's chest was even still vibrating from her proximity to the huge amps while the show was playing. David held the door open for her as she stepped into the bus. Mel relished the cool air for a good moment before someone cleared their throat at her. It was the tour manager.
"Thanks for finding her David. Mel here's your pass and headset and this is the schedual of what needs to be done and where it needs to be done and by what time."
"Gotcha thanks for bringing me aboard."
Mel said as she saluted him. David gave a smile of amusement before he nudged her side slightly.
"Here this will help your burn and you are now trapped"
"Wha...?"
Mel asked with a raised eyebrow, not following david for anything.
"You're stuck on this bus for the next few months untill the tour is done."
Mel made a mock puppy face of sadness.
"For some reason Draiman that dosent really sound like punishment."
"Well my pretty give it a few weeks on a bus with me, John, mike and Dan, you'll change your tune."
David said with a mischevious grin that was evil looking enough to make a nun want to swear alligence to satan. Mel stared him down and never blinked once.
"Try me."
She said without even breaking her glance. Dan looked up to see a female going toe to toe with David and turned back to his newspaper. 'things are gonna get interesting in these next few months. I wonder how her mother is gonna take this.' Dan thought as he stared at the newspaper even though he wasnt really reading it.

Back