Lets talk skidplates

custom is the way to go.

Look in my sig for what brand i use. I've had this for 2 seasons now and i see alot of scratches and dents but nothing moved! Only thing that i dont like is the swing arm skid plates. They are a bit... softer and bends fairly easily. I had to take it off and bend the edges back into place. (the edges that protects the chain and brake rotor).

Jannsen, Maier, GT Thunder..

I called TM Designworks the other day and they are also coming out with a Poly Skid and you can get them in different colors. He couldn't get me a price though. I think I'm gonna wait and see what they come out with and decide between theirs and Jannsen's.

The only skid I'll ever run is Poly, Aluminum gouges and stops you. If you have enough momentum it just rips a big chunk of aluminum off. Plus most of them rattle after a little use. Just my two cents.

the rattle doesnt bother me ive came up with an excellent anti vibe technique using plastidip on the contact points the only problem im trying to fix is the gouging and stopping

yeah, aluminum is still a good skid to have! Poly is not invincible either, i've seen it bend and crack, my aluminum has held up very well so far. The good thing about poly is that it's lighter and it won't gouge into the frame or anything, but aluminum skids hold up very well in my opinion.

Ridingred have u ever actually seen a poly skid crack? They don't get brittle like a stone guard on a boat trailer. This was discussed on the old site and I thought it was down to poly skids don't get brittle..

I have an aluminum skid that I have never installed because the stupid clamp stripped! :supergay: I think it's a cheapo Blingstar. But on my old quads I used silicone when I installed it so if it did work loose I had no vibration noise.

who got the idea that poly is unbreakable? Please show me your high school diploma.

My chain, brake rotor, swing arm loooves the protection. If you're that worried about getting "stuck" because of the skidplates, get bigger tires damn it. lol

Kinda regret defending you now. I didn't mean to give the impression that I thought it was unbreakable. I just don't think it gets brittle and rots away over time. Causing it to break easier than it should.

Bigger tires add a rotating mass that most don't want behind them.

I'm simply trying to find the best product out there. That's all.

i knew what you meant derek. they're stronger and lighter, and they will slide over rocks better....no questions about that. i've personally seen one crack yes, there is a video on youtube where mark freeman cracked one by casing his MX bike.

whatever you do, don't defend that one guy....you know......my best bud over there. He's quite the "mouth" if you know what i mean, and he's been getting away with some low blows lately too.....just not a fan of him and if he comes over here trying to sling poo i'll be the first to do absolutely nothing about it, lol.

It's not worth getting that upset about. I just thought it was a dumb comment to make to someone who literally defended you YESTERDAY when you got made fun of for being deaf. Guess I shoulda stayed out of both scenarios.

who cares about getting fun at. Every one gets picked on at one point or another lol.

What was the verdict on the org about which skidplates are the "best" of all?

i think i might have the shop order some 1/8 UHMWPE sheet and layer it with some 1/8 6061 maybe with some rivets or some high heat adhesive (bake and press) and create an "ultra skid" what do you guys think?

Back