Linkin Park ditch Rap-Rock

FTboy18

What's up, everyone. Well I found this on lpassociation.com. Its a summary of an article about LP with new details about the new album in the new Rolling Stones magazine.

Speaking with Rolling Stone while recording their anticipated third release, Linkin Park divulged a few new details concerning the album, slated for a 2007 release.

The band says that this recording cycle has been their most meticulous crafting yet. "The musicmanship is better, the arrangements are better and the quality of songs are better" says vocalist Chester Bennington. If fact, given this enhanced quality, the band says they plan to include more songs on the release than is normal for them, in addition to earning credits for soundtracks and video game releases. Currently, the band has whiddled down over a hundred demos to seventeen songs.

Furthermore, Linkin Park has experimented a new approach in creating the latest batch of tracks: no particular formula at all. While in the past, the songs were primarily based off the instrumental music, then vocals, Delson says that this time "every song had its own unique evolution." From there, with producer with Rick Rubin at the helm, the band would sit down toghether and rate each song: A and B for potential single and album-worthy tracks, C for compositions that could later be used, and a D to trash the work all together.

On another interesting note, the guys spoke about a new track called 'Accident', a working title given on account of Brad Delson's accidental riff. "The guitar sounds like AC/DC, the beat sounds like Motown, and there's a Stones-like groove to it. But it's got rapping and Clash-style vocals" remarks co-producer Mike Shinoda, who only hopes their latest will keep people from categorizing the group as rap-rock. "It's so different it may take people a beat to go 'I can't believe it's the same band. But hopefully their next thought will be 'F*ckin' Cool'."

Check lpassociation.com for the article link.

Well.....most bands always say "it sounds so different" on new ablums so hopefully LP is true with saying that and I belive they will be....

I think it's great that they're maturing beyond the nu-metal/rapcore genre. It's good to see them experimenting with different things.

AC/DC and Motown mixed together should be really interesting...it's gonna be a cool album

So it looks like QWERTY has been dropped then?

Since its brief playing in japan, they've not mentioned it since, and qwerty kinda fitted into the old style "rap-rock" they've ditched.

Would have been nice to hear a studio version of qwerty, maybe it'l make a B-side?

I think they should at least include the live performance of qwerty in the album

Wow that sounds really cool, and i don't know, maybe because they're talking about a particular song now, is it possible it will be the first single?I don't know but i do know it sounds very cool and i can't wait for the album :)

I'm sure the new album wont sound way different, maybe a little bit more guitar, beat, and vocally driven.

Accident, cool name. Too bad I already had an accident in my pants because of this news.

rofl jk.

MAN I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE ALBUM.

Back